Member Relations Specialist - South Dakota Biotech
We are in search of a Member Relations Specialist to build and maintain relationships with SD Biotech members. In this position you will plan, implement and organize membership events, and act as a liaison to the Executive Director. This is a part-time, 25 to 30 hour a week position. Hours can be flexible; some travel may be required.
South Dakota Biotech is the state affiliate of the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO). This non-profit organization is dedicated to developing biotechnology through expanding research, advocacy funding, education, infrastructure and promotion.
Responsibilities will include:
- Build and maintain relationships with SD Biotech members
- Conduct research to create company profiles on prospective members
- Implement and organize events to advance the mission and goals of the association
- Use social media to coordinate membership relations
- Select positive publicity materials and distribute them through a variety of channels
- Respond to inquiries from SD Biotech members and other interested parties; when needed, recruit a knowledgeable spokesperson or information source to assist
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work extremely well as part of a team
- Ability to evaluate cost of a program and compare it to the benefits for the organization
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage sensitive or controversial subjects with tact, kindness and professionalism
A bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, marketing, or a related field is preferred. At least 2 years of work in public relations OR at least 2 years of work in a field related to the association is preferred. Position will require sitting at a desk and working on a computer for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.