has an opening for an
Survey Crew Chief
Why Join our Team?
- Career path options in a rapidly growing, dynamic company
- Exposure to a wide range of market sectors, clients and technologies
- Stimulating work environment with a highly experienced and skilled team
- We have fun while working hard!
GEL Solutions (GEL) is a niche professional services firm providing subsurface utility engineering (SUE), surveying and geophysical services to clients throughout the southeastern United States. We are seeking an outstanding and energetic individual to help lead and build our survey department in our Raleigh, NC office. The successful candidate will join us in solving challenging problems in the infrastructure, environmental and natural resources sectors. Our goal is to apply our surface and subsurface mapping skills to improve our clients’ bottom lines and reduce their risks. We are committed to offering the latest technologies and services. To this end, we employ and train customer-focused staff with exceptional attitudes and technical skills. We are proud of our culture of innovation and our focus on quality.
GEL Solutions – Survey Crew Chief
GEL has a position open for a NC Survey Crew Chief to assist in leading and building our survey department in supporting our NCDOT Locations and Survey contract and other valued clients in the Raleigh market. This position has very high growth potential and is ideally suited for a mid-level crew chief who aspires to a key leadership position with a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial company. An added benefit of this position is the opportunity to learn and support our SUE and geophysical services. Some field work and travel is required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise field crew and be responsible for collection of field data
- Operation of level, total station, robot and GPS with appropriate principles, techniques and procedures to perform various types of land surveying
- Teach others how to do the same
- Upload/download field work to/from data collectors
- Prepare results of field work in written and/or electronic format
- Prepare daily reports and time sheets, and other required paperwork
- Maintain vehicles and field equipment
- Communicate with Project Manager and/or CAD tech daily regarding progress or schedule
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Perform all work in a safe and professional manner
- 5 years as a survey party chief
- High School Diploma
- Possess high ethical standards and the Core Values of The GEL Group
- Boundary, Topo survey, working with DOT Location & Surveys a plus,
- Computer skills (including MicroStation and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D), a plus
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Physical strength and endurance to perform field work
- Possess a valid drivers license and ability to successfully pass GEL driver requirements
- Pass a background and a drug screen test
- Ability to work as part of a team
What we offer:
- Corporate values that promote respect, integrity, and innovation
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Life Insurance Plans, including Accidental and Critical Illness plans
- Company-paid short and long-term disability insurance
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and holiday leave
- Commitment to safety
This Position Description is intended to provide a general guideline of the requirements, duties, and responsibilities this position. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive description of the position, nor is it intended to place limitations on the position. As with all positions in the company, the successful employee will constantly look for ways to contribute to the well-being of the company, and thereby to their own well-being and success in their own professional career.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.