Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Supervisor: Kelli Strauss, Controller
FLSA Status: Non-exempt / Hourly
Last Updated: August 26, 2021
Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors (MMC) is looking for an AP Specialist to join our driven and dedicated team. A successful AP Specialist with MMC has a passion for accounting and a strong attention to detail in their everyday work and tasks. In addition, the incumbent must have the versatility to excel at all levels of work – from the mundane to the pivotal. With over 300,000 mechanical contracting projects completed and over 50 years of experience, we aim to hire the industry’s top talent.
- Accounts Payable:
- Review, post, and scan invoices related to their projects.
- Ensure proper use tax is accrued on the invoices.
- Review to confirm a 2-way match with the Purchase Order and Invoice
- Investigate and resolve situations where the invoice exceeds the Purchase Order
- Review collections report weekly, and follow-up as warranted
- Partner with the Project Manager, as necessary, to settle the account as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Provide support for the Project Accountant team
- Process and maintain Vendor Statements
- Administer the filings process for City Licenses
- Execute administrative tasks including but not limited to filing, scanning, answering phones as needed, and serving as a back-up for the receptionist.
- Handle employee reimbursements
Qualifications and Experience:
- AP experience required; 2+ years of AP experience preferred.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Robust ability to work well with others
- Clear ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and changing priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and solid organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through completion.
- Positive “can do” attitude
Must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
It’s what’s INSIDE that counts…
From immense construction projects that involve complex mechanical systems to custom service projects that require faster builds and reliable 24-hour service, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) is your single source solution.
For more than 50 years, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) has been designing, building and maintaining mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest. We are a fully-integrated large commercial mechanical contractor. We employ the industry’s best talent of engineers, tradesmen, project managers, customer support and office staff.
Why work at MMC?
We Work As a Team. MMC fosters a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement. We operate as a team to ensure the best experience for our clients, contractors and employees.
We Are Committed to Our Employees. At MMC, you are encouraged to:
- Make the decision you think in the right decision to make.
- Ask for help whenever you want it.
- Start something that needs to be started.
- Take time off to do something that inspires, excites and energizes you.
- Help others whenever you can.
- 401(K) match
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Flexible work environment
- Incentives for environmentally-friendly behavior