The Tripp County Highway Maintenance Department is looking for a full-time Secretary to provide office assistance for staff, vendors and the general public doing business with the department, and is the assistant to the County Highway Superintendent. Since this position is the contact between members of our community and the department staff, the successful candidate must either live within a 10 minutes commute to the office, or make arrangements to ensure availability for regular scheduled hours on-site during inclement weather.
What you'll get to do!
- Answer in-coming phone calls and greet customers coming into the office taking messages and/or directing to department or individual to assist them
- Maintain time cards and prepare the payroll for the highway employees
- Maintain equipment records and inventories
- Obtain/create forms for easements, right of ways, project reports and bid lettings
- Prepare and file all bills and budgets, and process monthly invoices for payment
- Communicate with department staff via phone and the two-way radio system
- Perform housekeeping duties in the office area
- And More!
What we're looking for!
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- AA degree in related field of business or office support preferred
- Minimum of 2 years related office support experience
- Strong PC skills, with knowledge and experience of computer software applications, spreadsheet, word processing and data base management
- Strong organization skills
- Courteous and professional customer service skills
- Friendly and professional telephone skills
- Strong knowledge of office practices, procedures, and equipment
What we will offer you!
- Market competitive wages starting at $15/hour!
- Health insurance for you is 100% PAID!
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Participation in the South Dakota Retirement System as well as the
- SD Supplemental Retirement insurance and
- Paid time off (vacation, sick and holiday)
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Tripp County, South Dakota is an Equal Opportunity Employer