Title Quoting Specialist
Reports to Quoting Team Lead
APi National Service Group (APi NSG) is a national, self-performing provider of code required testing and inspections, repair/maintenance, and retrofits of building fire suppression and life safety systems. With the banking, bonding and financial backing of a multibillion-dollar parent company, APi Group Corporation, Inc., we represent a family of 40+ companies within the Life Safety, Industrial and Specialty Construction industries.
The Quoting Specialist role will maintain and continue to develop an integrated quoting program that delivers high quality and timely deficiency, repair, and inspection proposals to our customers.
APi NSG Core Values
- Developing creative solutions to increase the value we provide our stakeholders.
- Enriching the lives of our employees through development.
- Building personal relationships to foster collaboration and
- Fun, adaptable and energetic culture.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage the quoting life cycle while building strong relationships with service providers and customers.
- Based on Service Provider proposal that is received, prepare proposals stemming from inspections/service requests and submit to the customer for review.
- Communicate with service providers regarding questions on additional details about the scope of work, labor rates/material pricing, and time proposed for repairs to ensure a detailed and accurate proposal is submitted to the customer.
- If necessary, revise proposals and resubmit to the customer.
- Display critical thinking when reviewing and preparing proposals for customer review.
- Consider the proposed scope of work and confirm that the pricing (total hours proposed and material costs) from the service provider is reasonable for the repairs.
- Methods for tracking and reporting critical performance metrics are implemented and maintained.
- Quoting performance data is prepared in advance of customer meetings/Quarterly Business Reviews and service provider performance calls.
- Identify areas for opportunity within the quoting process and collaborate with teammates to propose and implement solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Computer literate (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Data/numbers-driven mindset
- Customer service aptitude
- Strong oral and written English communications skills
- Prioritization and management of multiple tasks
- Dependable, accurate, and detail oriented
- Be a self-starter who takes initiative and anticipates needs
Preferred skills and abilities
- Experience with online customer portals
- Industry knowledge of fire protection and inspection industry
- Employment Type: Full Time, 40 hours/week
- Working hours of 7:30AM – 4:30PM
- Office environment, climate controlled
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
It is the policy of APi National Service Group not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status. APi National Service Group will take affirmative action to ensure that the EEO Policy is implemented, with particular regard to: advertising, application procedures, compensation, demotion, employment, fringe benefits, job assignment, job classification, layoff, leave, promotion, recruitment, rehire, social activities, training, termination, transfer, upgrade, and working conditions.
APi National Service Group will continue to make it understood by the employment entities with which it deals, and in employment opportunity announcements that the foregoing is company policy and all employment decisions are based on individual merit only. All current employees of APi National Service Group are requested to encourage qualified disabled persons, minorities, special disabled veterans, and Vietnam Era veterans to apply for employment, on the job training or for union accommodations for qualified disabled individuals.
It is the policy of APi National Service Group that all company activities, facilities, and job sites are non-segregated. It is the policy of APi National Service Group to ensure and maintain a working environment free of coercion, harassment, and intimidation at all job sites, and in all facilities at which employees are assigned to work. Any violation of the policy should be immediately reported to your supervisor.
E-Verify Participating Employer
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9