Geosyntec is seeking an Instructional Designer to create engaging instructional materials and training courses in support of the company’s goals and objectives. You will work with Subject Matter Experts to develop high quality online courses in Articulate Storyline 360. You will use your combination of technical skills and creativity to develop training modules that include a combination of text, images, video, and audio. The position may be based in Acton, MA or Los Angeles, CA, with flexibility to also work remote.
Ranked by Engineering News Record in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following activities:
- Design and develop training content for online self-paced modules in Articulate Storyline 360.
- Become familiar with complex technical material and develop course materials that clearly present concepts to the learners.
- Partner with Subject Matter Experts to develop learning modules that meet course objectives.
- Develop engaging online courses that include interactions, dialog simulation and quizzes.
- Edit audio and video files and create SCORM files to be uploaded to the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Keep current with instructional design best practices. Use style and procedure guides to ensure consistency across content.
- Manage course projects from inception to completion, including creating project plans, meeting deadlines and re-prioritizing tasks as needed to complete the timely delivery of design projects.
- Maintain well-organized project documentation and folders with all course assets.
- Serve as backup administrator for the LMS as needed.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a related discipline. (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least three years of progressive relevant experience with instructional design for adult learners; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Extensive knowledge of Articulate Storyline 360. (required)
- Strong experience developing PowerPoint presentations including the use of animations. (required)
- Experience with Microsoft Office software (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams) and Adobe Acrobat. (required)
- Experience with audio and video editing software. (preferred)
- Fundamental project management skills. (required)
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written) with employees at all levels. (required)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, maintain constant attention to detail, and be skilled in working both collaboratively and independently to perform effectively under tight deadlines. (required)
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills. (required)
- Ability to adapt to different communication styles and thrive in a client deadline-driven work environment. (required)
- Conscientious and flexible, with a strong work ethic and team player attitude. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (preferred)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits