Early Supports for Infants & Toddlers
$52,500 to $67,100 annually (Based on years of applicable experience)
Full-time, Regular Status, FLSA Exempt
Apply by September 10th, 2021
Childhaven is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and recruiting candidates of every race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status as provided by law. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives to the workplace are highly encouraged to apply!
For over 110 years Childhaven has been a leader in serving children, families, and communities that have experienced trauma and adversity. In the past few years, we have been adding services and locations, becoming more community-based, and forming partnerships to increase our impact. In June 2020, Childhaven consolidated with Renton Area Youth and Family Services (RAYS) and Art with Heart, which further expanded our capacity to better serve more children, families, and communities. By combining our legacy of healing-centered care, with the expertise of our new partners, Childhaven is building a continuum of care model that is unlike any other in the Puget Sound Region.
We are proud to be a values-driven organization that serves families from diverse communities. Our values are the compass we use to get us there. They guide us in the way we treat each other, the decisions we make, and the success we achieve. Values are the touchstones to chart and guide our behavior, and reflect our commitment to:
- TEAMWORK: Relationships come first.
- EQUITY: There’s infinite value in every human.
- EXCELLENCE: Constructively dissatisfied with the status quo.
- DEDICATION: Do more. Do better.
- RESPECT: Meet people where they are.
- REFLECTION: Feelings Matter. Stepping back and exploring possibilities.
Going forward, we are embarking on a new and very ambitious strategic impact plan to further strengthen programs, expand impact, and embrace innovation. In the next five years our goals are to double the number of locations and quadruple the number of children and families we are serving - all while developing and strengthening partnerships with other community-based organizations, referral sources, government agencies, and universities. In so doing, we are opening doors to a host of new roles and opportunities within the organization. And that’s where you come in.
You are a passionate and dedicated Special Educator who shares our vision: To help ensure that all children are safe and healthy; thriving physically, socially emotionally and educationally; and well nurtured by family and by their community. You too are constructively dissatisfied with the status quo and heed the call to put service over self. You are equal parts learner, leader and mentor and see around the corners of a challenge, replaying the question of “What if…” with a reply of “Why not…” You are well-versed and firmly committed to the principles of infant and early childhood mental health, relational health, healing centered care, and anti-racist practices. If this sounds like you, then we want to meet, get to know you and talk more about the positive impact we could have together.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Early Supports for Infants & Toddlers: Special Educator position will have the opportunity to help us develop and scale a best-in-class birth to three ESIT program. This position will support young children and families with developmental needs and will work with a team of highly qualified ESIT professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide individualized and group special instruction to develop cognitive, social, communication, gross and fine motor skills for children, ages birth-to-three.
- Collaborate with the Early Intervention team, Family Resources Coordinators (FRCs), and Childhaven program staff on interdisciplinary IFSPs, goal-setting, and case review.
- Maintain documentation of case records and ensure compliance with Part C and other policies.
- Communicate with medical providers, school districts, and other outside resources as needed.
- Engage and empower parents in all individual and group sessions, providing training and support that allow them to meet the needs of their children.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Area that the candidate will be covering: Seattle, West Seattle, Skyway and Burien/Highline.
- Flexible schedule, including part time if needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Firm commitment to family-centered, inclusive, interdisciplinary, and strengths-based ESIT best practices in natural environments
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Experience using all aspects of an electronic medical records system
- Strong knowledge of and commitment to anti-racism policy, practices, and procedures
- Experience and demonstrated ability to successfully work within a diverse cultural setting and provide culturally dynamic, equitable and supportive services.
- The ability to adapt to change and use flexible thinking.
- Computer literacy; knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Teams; and experience with Electronic Medical Record systems (e.g., Credible)
- BA. in Education or related field (Early Childhood Education, Child Development)
- A verifiable safe driving record; a valid driver’s license; the state required minimum auto insurance; ability to use your own vehicle for the job
- You have a cleared Portable Background check through Department of Disabilities Administration (DDA)
- You are able to pass Childhaven's background check
- You have a TB test by the Mantoux method.
- Your certifications are current in Pediatric/Adult CPR, first aid and AED, HIV and blood borne pathogens.
- Washington State teaching certificate with a special education endorsement.
Or, have taken the following courses:
- Child development
- Family systems*
*Substituting Experience for Coursework: At least 4 years' experience providing early intervention can replace the family systems and intervention/curriculum courses.
Childhaven serves families from diverse communities, and we are committed to recruiting candidates who reflect this diversity. Multilingual and multicultural candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
No matter your role, you'll get opportunities to attend a wide variety of trainings on clinical and education topics, advocacy, management skills and more.
- We also work hard to make sure that you have a mentor—a person who's helping you grow professionally.
- We’re dedicated to serving the full range of cultural diversity in our community, and to providing families with care that’s relevant to them and their values. As a member of Childhaven staff, you’ll be encouraged to contribute to community engagement strategies and will participate on the ESIT Racial Equity/Social Justice Team to ensure that our programs and protocols are doing their part to dismantle systemic racism.
We strive to make Childhaven a great place to work by living our values: Teamwork, Equity, Excellence, Dedication, Respect, and Reflection. Here’s a little bit about what we offer our staff:
- We believe in fully transparent hiring process.
- We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision insurance. Expanded benefits include a flexible spending account, healthcare reimbursement account, a 403(b) savings program with employer A full listing of benefits is available.
- Opportunities to attend a wide variety of trainings on clinical and education topics, advocacy and more.
- We’re dedicated to serving the full range of cultural diversity in our community, and to providing families with care that’s relevant to them and their As a member of Childhaven staff, you’ll be encouraged to contribute to community engagement strategies and our anti-racism council, which makes ongoing recommendations to ensure that our programs and protocols are doing their part to dismantle systemic racism.
Please apply through Birddog or our website
Open until filled; qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by September 10th, 2021. In addition to completing the application online, attach a resume and cover letter when prompted.
Those who do not attach a resume and cover letter may not be considered.
If you require an accommodation to participate in the selection process, please let us know.