Classic Industrial Services is dedicated to providing high-quality industrial construction services. We have been in business for over 25 years and our current area of focus includes industrial insulation, scaffolding, siding, and refractory services.
Shop/Scaffold Warehouse Foreman
Job Title: Shop/ Scaffold Warehouse Foreman
Department: Baton Rouge, LA
Reports to: Branch Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must have minimum of 1 year industrial scaffold related experience
- All duties related to the requisition, reception, storage, and disbursement of construction-related materials and supplies, particularly scaffolding materials.
- Operate a forklift and other equipment to unload trucks, move/store materials and supplies.
- Check inbound shipments and materials to ensure accurate quantity, type, and acceptable quality.
- Select specific products and tools for jobsite delivery and prepare them for shipping.
- Monitor the receiving process by verifying all deliveries, reconciling shipping invoices, and organizing or distributing incoming deliveries.
- Manage vendor relationships with Fed Ex, freight or other logistics companies to ensure we are quoting competitive yet quality services.
- Obtain and submit quotes to both internal and external clients for a variety of projects including but not limited to shipping, kitting and fulfillment
- Inspect or coordinate the inspection of special tools and job equipment to ensure they are in proper working order
- Maintain sufficient inventory levels for all consumables, scaffold and equipment
- Keep accurate record of all inventory and material movements
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Assist in overall facility maintenance
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- DOT Physical
- Construction industry experience is required
- Certified forklift operator or willing and able to undergo forklift operator certification
- Mechanically inclined
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean record; in accordance to Company Policy
- Willing to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test
- Experience working with scaffold is a plus
Formal Education and Experience Required:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Moderate work exerting up to 50 lbs of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Ability to work in warehouse environment on concrete flooring and in varying temperatures; able to safely operate material handling equipment as needed.
- Walk (move, traverse) Frequently
- Used hands/fingers to handle or feel (operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, position) Constantly
- Climb (stairs, ladders) or balance (ascend/descend, work atop, traverse) Frequently
- Talk/hear (communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself, exchange information) Frequently
- See (detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate, asses) Constantly
- Reaching: Constantly
Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions:
This position is primarily warehouse based and most work is done in a warehouse environment. Employee will be expected to maintain all established safety protocols at all times.
Equipment and Tools:
Equipment used for job: Safety requirements may include Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, High Visibility Vest, Etc.
List vehicles driven: Heavy, Medium & Light Duty Truck or car; forklift
Valid state issued driver’s license and a safe driving record required to operate company vehicle
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Classic is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.