Fire Alarm Inspector/Technician:
W&M Fire Protection, a subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Company, is a full-service fire protection contractor with complete design, installation, and fabrication capability. W&M has proudly served the tri-state and New England areas for over 20 years, and offers a challenging and rewarding work environment. W&M Fire Protection is currently seeking to add an ambitious Inspection Salesperson to our team.
At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for a Fire Alarm Inspector/Technician at our office in Plantsville, CT. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
Inspect, Install, upgrade, troubleshoot and repair fire alarms in commercial and residential buildings.
- Reads, interprets and applies technical design requirements of fire protection codes and standards (Such as NFPA 70, 72, etc.), building codes, fire codes, insurer criteria, and other technical design documents.
- Reads and interprets building construction documents such as drawings, specifications and other contract documents.
- Performs fire alarm inspections and service for customer base.
- Prepares lists for ordering of fire alarm and detection system equipment.
- Surveys existing buildings for accurate, economical inspections and service of fire alarm and detection systems.
- Coordinates installation with electricians.
- Coordinates activities with project manager.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Perform inspections and service on fire extinguishers, emergency lights, hood suppressions systems as needed.
- Be available for after-hours emergency service calls when scheduled.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience to perform duties on all size projects, from a small 50-point system to a multi panel network preferred
Special Hazard, Clean Agent experience a plus
- Have a working knowledge & ability to troubleshoot security, nurse call, PA, and BMS systems as they integrate with fire protection systems is a plus but not required.
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- 3+ years fire alarm technician experience required
- Connecticut Trade License C6, L6 or Higher
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"