Adolfson & Peterson Construction, one of the nation’s top contractors, is recruiting for an experienced Senior Marketing Coordinator with proposal experience for our Mountain States region. We combine more than 75 years of construction expertise with the newest technologies in order to meet our clients' needs. We serve owners, architects, and developers with a commitment to teamwork and quality and are constantly looking for people to help us achieve our company goals.
This position will lead and support marketing projects with responsibilities that include project pursuits, events and tradeshows, graphic design, advertising, public relations, writing, strategic planning, data organization, research, and overall branding and positioning. Organize the preparation of proposals and presentations.
Because safety is paramount to AP and embedded into everything we do, all team members are responsible for working safely within our Incident and Injury Free culture.
Key Accountabilities of the role include:
- Take personal responsibility for working safely within an Incident and Injury Free (IIF) culture.
- Create proposal packages with minimal direction from the marketing leader.
- Develop introductory collateral for client meetings.
- Create qualifications and proposal packages for project pursuits.
- Understand award evaluation factors and effectively present submittals in a way to be best positioned to win.
- Work with regional management, business development, superintendents, and project managers to identify key points for competitive positioning in proposals.
- Review solicitations and develop proposal development plans.
- Design submittal layouts.
- Write, coordinate, and edit various approach narratives and procedures maximizing the use of the document library, technical project team members, and technical writing skills.
- Identify and present the best suited qualifications for the use in submittals in the form of company experience and proposed project team members.
- Coordinate and manage efforts of multiple proposal team members between departments (pre-construction, project management, field, and others) and organizations (architectural partners, subcontractors, sub-consultants, joint venture partners, and others).
- Print, bind, and ensure delivery of quality submittals.
- Lead and/or coordinate project pursuit interviews.
- Coordinate project team schedules to set interview prep meetings.
- Together with the Project Executive, lead and facilitate brainstorming strategy efforts.
- Research target markets, clients, and project opportunities.
- With direction from project leads, create submittals and support materials for interviews that successfully position AP.
- Manage CRM database.
- Coordinate the planning of assigned events including input into concept, theme, and goals of the materials, event registration and invitations, travel and lodging plans, and develop, assemble, and ship materials.
- Compose public relations, award submittals, and other written communications with minimal guidance from the marketing leader; develop local media relationships.
- Write and distribute press releases and news announcements.
- Author expert articles and white papers.
- Develop award submittals.
- Identify ideas for releases, articles, speaking engagements, awards, etc.
- Identify opportunities to share these ideas (media outlets, conferences, media publications, award submittals, postings to website, and social media sites).
- Facilitate preparation and placement of advertisements.
- Coordinate public relations activities.
- Develop concept, interview internal experts, and write copy.
- Develop and implement direct mailings/announcements.
- Develop and maintain regional marketing materials including project sheets, resumes, firm overviews, and other standard firm materials.
- Coordinate efforts to identify opportunities, develop, proof, and submit original designs.
- Coordinate efforts to identify needs for and gather photography, video, and other forms of media utilized to graphically communicate AP’s position in the marketplace.
- Coordinate efforts to identify opportunities for additional or updated marketing collateral and sales pieces; assist with proofreading and production.
- Support primary and secondary market research efforts.
- Interact with clients and build relationships as directed.
- As part of a project team, interact with potential or current industry partners.
- Support relationship building efforts by participating in information discovery meetings.
- When appropriate, initiate and/or follow up with conversations to start and/or continue development.
- Support the data development and management process including process documentation.
- Assist with efforts to develop information and data including resume and project data updates and reference letter requests.
- Support efforts to organize and manage information and data and ensure that data is saved correctly.
- Develop and document processes for developing internal marketing processes, organizing AP construction processes as a sales tool, and identifying need for new marketing reports and templates from Deltek, intranet, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- History of experience and proven results including:
- Bachelor’s degree in business/marketing, journalism/communication, or related field.
- 4+ years of proposal writing/coordination/research required. A/E/C industry is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign). Illustrator experience a plus.
- Strong writing, proofreading, editing, and process documentation skills.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Developed skills (written, oral, and listening) to effectively communicate with diverse audiences.
- Experience in a complex business as an active participant in driving growth and change; demonstrated effectiveness in driving operations and executing plans.
- Experience in driving accountability for financial and operational effectiveness, integrating and aligning efforts within team, monitoring results and tackling problems directly.
- Experience cultivating an active network of relationships, driving collaboration and alignment, relating well to colleagues and connecting with employees at all levels.
- Ability to drive to the core of complex issues and provide insightful and constructive feedback.
Est. salary $69K-$80K before bonus, dependent on experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
Adolfson & Peterson Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Certain positions and locations require COVID-19 vaccination, subject to reasonable accommodations for valid medical or sincerely held religious reasons.