PROVIDING RIGHT SOLUTIONS FOR ALL FIRE PROTECTION NEEDS SINCE 1990.
International Fire Protection (IFP) is an Alabama-based values driven fire suppression company. We have charted our history and legacy on our purpose of building meaningful relationships while making the world a safer place. Therefore, LIFE SAFETY IS OUR BUSINESS, as such, we promise to be the trusted leader in fire protection, delivering the highest quality life safety solutions with commitment to customer satisfaction and operational excellence.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Insurance, Flex Spend, 401k, ESPP
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Vehicle Allowance
- Company paid NICET & Manufacturer Training
Special Hazards, Alarms & Detection Leader
The SHAD Department Leader is responsible for planning and directing the accomplishment of SHAD Department objectives, as well as performs a wide variety of duties required to maintain the efficient, day to day operations of a Department within the Austell, Ga office. The SHAD Department Leader should be a self-starter possessing time management, scheduling, sales, staff management and Leadership skills and experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and lead the SHAD Department in a professional manner; always looking out for the best interest of the Company
- Honor all schedules and commitments
- Provide mentorship and training to SHAD Department team members
- Lead by example
- Hire and present quality industry professionals to customers
- Create Department budgets, and manage them to maintain costs and profitability
- Create an environment of high professionalism, integrity, honesty, quality and success
- Work closely with the inspection manager to create accurate deficiency proposals for work
- Assist the inspection manager to ensure deficiencies are quoted in a timely manner
- Seek out new customers
- Build new customer relationships while nurturing old relationships
- Maintain an orderly Departmental environment, including making sure team members are maintaining Departmental records and file systems in accordance with the [Branch Location] Branch directives.
- Work with the office and shop employees to maintain the correct quantities of printed materials and mechanical materials
- Inspect trucks weekly for cleanliness and contraband
- Inspect all tools and safety equipment 2x annually and be sure all equipment is maintained and is in safe working condition
- Perform employee performance reviews in accordance with company policy
- Help create individual and team goals for team members
- Perform special projects or other duties as assigned
- State (GA) Low Voltage License
- NICET Special Hazards II or higher certification
- NICET Fire Alarm Systems II or higher certification
- Valid state driver’s license
- Travel between customer sites daily
- GED or higher with 5-10 years’ experience in the SHAD field
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to withstand heights and climb ladders comfortably
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
International Fire Protection Inc. and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran