ASDCO Construction Supply, a part of the Jamar Company, serves the Midwest through locations in Minnesota, North Dakota and Wisconsin. ASDCO delivers a wide range of high quality and innovative products to contractors across multiple markets of the construction industry through dependable and prompt customer service. With a focus on personal and trustworthy service, the ASDCO team has the product and industry knowledge that adds value for customers and supports your simple or complex project needs.
We are looking for a team-oriented, organized and collaborative Warehouse Associate to fill a position at our Arden Hills location. This individual will load, stock and/or shelve products, unload products and materials, help with inventory and keep the warehouse and surrounding grounds and yard in good condition.
Education / Experience:
- Knowledge of the construction industry is a plus.
- Customer service or sales experience a plus.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- A valid state driver’s license with a clean driving record is required; must pass required DOT physical.
Certification, License, Registration:
- Fork Lift Certification/ability to become certified (offered by employer)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs supply delivery using truck and/or trailer to deliver materials. No CDL required.
- Loads and/or unloads trucks, trailers or other transportation devices; unpacks, shelves or packs items in proper storage locations.
- Ships, receives, stores, and/or moves materials within the warehouse, loading area or storage area.
- Assists with product information and customer service responsibilities in the warehouse.
- Verifies that orders are accurately filled. Insures that shipments are properly packaged, identified with shipping information. Prepares and keeps records of goods shipped.
- Drives forklift in a safe manner.
- Keeps warehouse and outside grounds/yard clean and orderly.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, dependable
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills; efficient and organized.
- Organization skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to contribute positively as a member of the team; collaborative
- Ability to stay current with product knowledge
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Walking includes moving within a project site, including uneven surface/ground.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Requires climbing, lifting, reaching and grasping.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in plant and/or customer environments. PPE required when in the plant, yard, customer, or construction areas include:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses / Goggles
- Steel-toed Boots
- High Visibility Vest
- Hearing Protection (designated areas)
- Personal Fall Arrest Harness
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- 401K and Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Time Off
- Compensation commensurate with experience
For more than 100 years, ASDCO/Jamar has built a reputation as a solid partner delivering solid solutions. And, we don’t just hire anyone. We hire extraordinary people – the kind who:
- Share our values
- Never stop learning
- Care about the community
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Thrive in a team environment