APi Group is a market-leading business services provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide. APi Group provides services to a strong base of long-standing customers across industries, primarily in North America. We have a winning leadership culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders who deliver innovative solutions for our customers. Our growth has been driven by acquisition of companies into the APi family of Safety, Specialty, and Industry Services in over 200 locations worldwide. Our acquisition strategy over the years has led us to become a growing multi-billion-dollar company with many independent legacy systems and processes supporting our companies. This position will be based on our New Brighton, MN headquarters.
To support the growth of the enterprise, we are looking for a visionary human capital technology leader who will help shape the digital talent process and experience. This leader will play a key role in shaping current and future process and technology solutions that will enable day to day human capital (HCM) processes and career growth using intuitive platforms and processes that make it easy for our people to engage with APi Group companies. The individual will need strong talent for developing, implementing, and maturing both processes and systems in complex organizations.
- Functions as the product owner for the maturing systems supporting the payroll and HCM needs of our multi-billion geographically dispersed enterprise. This includes the delivery of high quality payroll and HR solutions in support of the needs of a growing list of 50+ companies located in the United States, Canada and Europe.
- Provides strategic leadership in defining and designing the end-to-end user Journey and supporting technology solution models for the enterprise in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Understands, assesses, influences, and creates alternative HCM & Payroll processes that drive business efficiency, effectiveness and improve the employee and manager experience.
- Develops short term and long-term strategic Payroll & HCM technology roadmaps and drive business case and measurements for specific initiatives.
- Manages legacy Payroll & HCM technology and technology transitions based on roadmap.
- Drives consistency and optimization of business processes and technology solutions across segments and companies.
- Functions as an organizational change agent for the implementation of enhanced payroll & HCM process and technology solutions.
- Facilitates the implementation of efficiency improvements across the diversified and distributed organization.
- Serves as the leader of HCM reporting. Develops HR dashboards using evolving technology to provide insight to business leaders on human capital initiatives (i.e. recruiting, workforce planning, D&I, etc.). Will also partner with business leaders to develop ad hoc reporting capability as needed.
- Leads a small team responsible for Payroll and HCM systems across the enterprise.
- Collaborates with Learning Management System team to develop integrations or processes that ensure a seamless employee and manager experience
- Conducts ongoing research on industry trends in HCM solutions and capabilities.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in HR management or related field
- 10+ years overall related technology experience including systems analysis and system design experience with 5+ years in HR systems and process leadership role
- Experience driving business requirements through process mapping, modeling and information flows.
- Experience leading teams in a decentralized independent organizational structure
- Working knowledge of a HCM and/or payroll system in a large complex organization
- Demonstrated ability to work in a growing organization, with varying process maturity levels
- Demonstrated Change Management skills
- Experience presenting information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances understanding at all levels.
- Experience working with a variety of key vendor partners
- Experience leading a change network to support the development and adoption of new HCM and Payroll systems and processes
- Demonstrated ability to grow team members
- Experience implementing HCM or Payroll solutions for a decentralized organization
- Experience in Design Thinking and/or Human Centered Design
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.