Geosyntec has a unique opportunity for an exceptional Environmental Engineer or Scientist to lead, manage, and grow our contaminated site assessment and remediation practice in New England. You must have an entrepreneurial attitude and enthusiasm for supporting business development and technical efforts to expand Geosyntec’s market share. This position is well-suited for a talented and highly-driven individual who is interested in being a leader and contributing to building, managing and motivating teams pursing innovative and challenging projects, including the financial and technical evaluation, design, permitting, and construction stages.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Aspire to lead a department, inclusive of a significant commitment in the development and execution of mentoring, training and career planning for staff;
- Project management, and technical leadership including planning and implementing investigation and remediation projects, budgeting and budget management, adherence to schedule, quality, client satisfaction, and profitability;
- Business development of new clients and obtaining repeat business from existing clients;
- Preparing and/or reviewing/managing written document production (including proposals, technical reports, engineering designs and specifications, and/or presentations);
- Preparing for and participating in meetings with clients and regulatory personnel; and
- At times, the job may also include fieldwork such site visits and meetings, contractor oversight, and audits.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 10%
- Overnight travel: Up to 20%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree in one or more of the following: environmental, civil, or chemical engineering; or geology, hydrogeology or a related field. (required)
- Advanced degree in the same. (preferred)
- Professional Certification (e.g., P.E., r P.G., LSP, etc.) (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 7 years of experience in environmental consulting; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Experience with multi-disciplinary project teams. (required)
- Demonstrated success in the development and management of clients. (required)
- Excellent leadership skills. (required)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Ability and willingness to perform fieldwork and travel. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits