APi Group is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking a Senior International Tax Accountant. In this role, you will provide financial and tax accounting expertise to our international subsidiary companies.
To include, but not limited to the following:
- Prepare or detail review of U.S. international tax forms and required disclosure statements
- Demonstrate solid understanding of tax codes, regulations, rulings and case law
- Assist with quarterly and annual U.S. tax provision and key components of global tax provision for U.S. GAAP financial statements
- Prepare tax models and calculations, such as GILTI, Subpart F and foreign tax credits
- Assist with tracking of tax attributes such as E&P
- Coordinate with external tax providers on tax reporting and perform review of the deliverables
- Perform tax technical research as needed
- Partner with International Tax Manager in identifying process improvement opportunities
- Collaborate with other tax teams and global controllers when needed
- Prepare SOX Documentation
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting or related field of study
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with international tax compliance and ASC 740 accounting for income taxes
- Must have intimate knowledge of the Microsoft Office programs, and have the ability to perform high-level functions in them.
- Able to learn to use the current in-house accounting system, ERP systems and fixed asset softwares including: WebApps, Microsoft Dynamics AX, COINS, OneStream, and Sage Depreciation
Competencies and Skills:
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written when working with all levels of management and employees, clients, external vendors and other business associates.
- Ability to clearly communicate directions and information.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, management, vendors and clients
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Flexibility and ability to work under changing priorities and peak workloads
- Ability to handle confidential information in a trustworthy manner
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of professional conduct at all times
- Ability to meet physical demands of work in an office environment
It is critical that the individual in this role be able to work on-site at APi’s New Brighton campus and on a full-time basis. APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.