Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403b) with generous company match
- Paid time off and 9 company paid holidays
- Short Term Disability
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional benefits: Flexible Spending, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, Voluntary Accident
Position goal: The Cook is responsible for food preparation for the Head Start child care center.
SCHEDULE AND WAGE
Monday-Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm; $15.00 hourly.
- Responsible for food preparation according to provided menus, including special diets, using standardized recipes and quantity cooking techniques as well as commercially prepared foods.
- Maintains an organized and efficient food service operation.
- Follows requirements of funders and regulatory agencies related to foods served, required documentation and food safety and sanitation practices.
- Shares in the responsibility of food requisitioning and the purchasing process.
- Receives deliveries and reconciles delivery invoices.
- Assists classrooms with supervision of children on an incidental basis.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED, or working towards obtaining GED.
- One year of foodservice experience.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and implement procedures.
- Ability to use good judgment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Ability to relate to low-income people
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with age-appropriate activities in the classroom and relate with children in a positive way
- Detail orientated
- Receive clearance by the Iowa Department of Human Services on child abuse and criminal checks prior to hire and resubmit every two (2) years.
- Pass a pre-employment health examination and subsequent health examinations every two (2) years thereafter.