Memphis Stone & Gravel Company – Managing Earth’s Resources For Over 100 Years!
Memphis Stone & Gravel Company is a family owned and operated aggregate supplier to Memphis and the Mid-South. In business since 1910, Memphis Stone & Gravel Company has earned a reputation for supplying outstanding construction materials to the markets it serves. Anchoring our company's efforts are the core values of stewardship, humility, continuous improvement and relationships. We have continued to protect lands we mine all the while restoring resources to productive and beautiful uses after mining.
Our products include high quality fine and coarse aggregate for ready-mixed concrete and asphalt concrete. We process a variety of sand products, road base materials, shoulder gravel, clay gravel, landscape rock, drainage rock and pea gravel.
Pay Rate Starts: $15.00 an hour
We have committed to become a leader in the highway construction and aggregate industries by rewarding our most valuable resource... our employees! As part of the family, we offer:
- Paid Vacations
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Earned Paid Time Off
- Medical/ Dental (reduced premium cost with participation in Wellness Program)
- Life Insurance
- 401K w/ Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Flexible Spending Account
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance, Short/ Long Term Disability and Vision
Plant Maintenance Worker Review
Maintain aggregate conveyor line as instructed, perform wash plant and field maintenance.
Plant Maintenance Worker Responsibilities
- Learn and exhibit company core values, resulting in a cooperative, positive and supportive attitude.
- Must work in safe, professional manner, following company Safety Program policies and OSHA regulations. Wearing of personal protective equipment is required at all time.
- Must promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and have good recognition skills of potential hazards.
- Keep conveyor lines and work areas clean, and ensure proper care and use of hand and power tools.
- Perform regular maintenance on wash plant and field operations equipment. This will include climbing ladders at considerable heights and carrying heaving objects.
- Monitor plant components and notify foreman of changes or parts in need of repair.
- Must be willing to accept training on plant systems, equipment operation, and repair of plant equipment, etc.
- Complete responsibilities in a heavy industrial environment exposed to weather elements and high noise levels.
Plant Maintenance Worker Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Must pass a “fit-for-duty” physical exam and drug
- Must have dependable transportation to and from work.
- Must be punctual and dependable, good manager of time and thrive within a flexible work schedule.
- Show ability and willingness to work in a team environment.
- Familiarity with heavy construction equipment and have basic mechanical understanding and skills.
Work Conditions/ Physical Requirements
- Climbing ladders/ stairs with handrails and working at heights up to 75 feet on a platform with guard rails.
- Carrying objects up to 50 lbs. for approximately 20 feet.
- Exposed to all weather elements.
- Exposed to high noise levels.
- Occasional travel to various plant locations in North Mississippi and West Tennessee as needed.
Relatable Work Experience: Applicants with the following experience may have enough relatable skills to be considered for this opening.
- Landscape Worker
- Outdoor Laborer
- Utility Worker
- Construction Worker Apprentice
- Must understand SAFETY and be committed:
- To the health and safety of all employees, subcontractors, customers, and the community;
- To promoting a comprehensive safety culture;
- To individual accountability for following our safety standards; and
- To actively support and participate in a zero accident environment.
- Must be committed to learning the meaning of the company CORE VALUES, as well as their application to the specific, daily duties of the job:
- Humility – freedom from arrogance with a genuine respect for others and their perspectives.
- Relationships – giving priority to people and teamwork over processes.
- Stewardship – taking personal responsibility for the proper care and sharing of company assets.
- Continuous Improvement – committed to being open-minded, growing and learning.
- Must learn the principles of TOTAL PROCESS RELIABILITY (TPR) and implement them into the daily work routine, in order to contribute to maximum equipment reliability, increased production and reduced maintenance costs.
It is the policy of Memphis Stone & Gravel Company not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (to include pregnancy and sexual orientation), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
The statements included in this job posting are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Lehman-Roberts Company and/or the Memphis Stone & Gravel Company and their designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-hire drug testing.