Timely and dependable, the purchasing assistant must be available Monday-Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm (1 hour lunch). Possessing solid communication and interpersonal skills is a must in dealing with our vendors and employees.
Why Choose to Work for Security Fire Protection?
- Pay is based on the level of experience you have.
- We offer a 401K and profit-sharing retirement program.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and tuition reimbursements.
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Two to four years related experience and/or training is preferred.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Maintain a positive attitude and represent Security Fire in a professional manner.
- Creating purchase orders for company purchases.
- Be able to communicate with employees and vendors by answering phone calls and emails.
- Taking orders from written lists or phone calls.
- Entering correct data
- from vendor acknowledgements.
- Understanding procurement categories and ledger accounts.
- Receiving the purchase order in the system once the purchase has been received.
- Reconciling invoices with accounts payable for problem invoices.
- Working with inventory management.