- Ensure customers are serviced at the highest level of satisfaction through quality courteous service, and applying experience, knowledge, and training.
- Thoroughly complete inspections in a timely manner as scheduled and interface with Inspection Coordinator to ensure that the customer receives the work per proposed scope.
- Utilizes an online scheduling calendar to receive and understand the individual scheduled tasks, customer locations, and maintain other company documents as required (timesheets, inspection reports, etc.)
- Maintain positive customer relationships and review inspection results with customer.
- Turn in required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Maintain equipment, supplies, and company vehicle in good working order.
- Study and learn NFPA standards for the inspection and testing of fire protection systems. Stay current with code requirements, industry changes, and obtain NICET certifications.
- Complete in-house training program on fire protection system inspections.
- Complete manufacturer training on fire protection systems as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by department coordinator/manager.
- Good verbal / written communication & customer service skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision (after training period is completed)
- Mechanical & math aptitude
- Professional and organized
- Reliable, Punctual and Motivated Individual
- Valid state driver’s license
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Any trade experience preferred; at least 2 years' trade experience a plus.
- Previous experience in the fire protection industry a plus but not required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- NICET Certification is preferred (or willingness and ability to obtain)
- Obtain OSHA 10 certification thru company safety program.
- FDNY Certificate of Fitness preferred (or willingness to obtain)
- Additional trainings i.e., Backflow, Fire Pump, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Industrial, Commercial, & Residential building environment with moderate to high noise levels, and comfort with working at heights as required.
- Mostly a physical demanding role. Majority of the daily demand is standing and walking buildings and stairs, some ladder work may be required.
- May need to lift objects up to 50 pounds.
- Travel to multiple job sites in a day, some overnight travel may be required with plenty of notice prior.
- Ability to be on the phone and computer consistently throughout the day.