$52,500 – $67,100
Full-time, Regular Status, FLSA Exempt
Childhaven is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and recruiting candidates of every race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status as provided by law. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives to the workplace are highly encouraged to apply!
For over 110 years Childhaven has been a leader in serving children, families, and communities that have experienced trauma and adversity. In the past few years, we have been adding services and locations, becoming more community-based, and forming partnerships to increase our impact. In June 2020, Childhaven consolidated with Renton Area Youth and Family Services (RAYS) and Art with Heart, which further expanded our capacity to better serve more children, families, and communities. By combining our legacy of healing-centered care, with the expertise of our new partners, Childhaven is building a continuum of care model that is unlike any other in the Puget Sound Region.
We are proud to be a values-driven organization that serves families from diverse communities. Our values are the compass we use to get us there. They guide us in the way we treat each other, the decisions we make, and the success we achieve. Values are the touchstones to chart and guide our behavior, and reflect our commitment to:
- TEAMWORK: Relationships come first.
- EQUITY: There’s infinite value in every human.
- EXCELLENCE: Constructively dissatisfied with the status quo.
- DEDICATION: Do more. Do better.
- RESPECT: Meet people where they are.
- REFLECTION: Feelings Matter. Stepping back and exploring possibilities.
Going forward, we are embarking on a new and very ambitious strategic impact plan to further strengthen programs, expand impact, and embrace innovation. In the next five years our goals are to double the number of locations and quadruple the number of children and families we are serving - all while developing and strengthening partnerships with other community-based organizations, referral sources, government agencies, and universities. In so doing, we are opening doors to a host of new roles and opportunities within the organization. And that’s where you come in.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Childhaven seeks a highly skilled and experienced Financial Analyst to join our finance team. The person will be responsible for preparing a wide range of financial analyses to all levels of the organization. The role requires financial acumen and dexterity, and reports to the CFO. This is full time, FLSA Non-Exempt position expecting to work at least 40 hours a week.
· Assist in preparing budgets, forecasts and multi-year planning
· Perform analyses and reconciliations for month end closings
· Produce monthly department financial statements
· Prepare monthly dashboard for Board of Directors
· Prepare audit schedules
· Monitor and enhance the costing system
· Evaluate the economics of new program offerings
· Prepare grant budgets
· Perform ad hoc financial analyses as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or accounting
- 2+ years of related experience
- Moderate to high level Excel skills
- Ability to track and keep multiple tasks progressing simultaneously to timely completion
- Detail oriented with a strong understanding of systems and file structure
- Successful experience using Dynamics Solomon
- Nonprofit or healthcare experience
· Childhaven uses a grade and step approach to determine compensation.
· Every position is assigned a Grade on a vertical scale of 1 to 12. The higher the Grade, the higher the requirements for specialized knowledge, skills, experience, education, training, and responsibility.
· Each person is assigned a Step on a horizontal scale of 0 year to 20 years for a Grade based on recognition of every individual’s relevant and related years of experience. Exact experience in a grade receives 100% credit and similar experience in a lower grade receives approximately a 50% credit.
- Childhaven serves families from diverse communities, and we are committed to recruiting candidates who reflect this diversity. Multilingual and multicultural candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
No matter your role, you'll get opportunities to attend a wide variety of trainings on clinical and education topics, advocacy, management skills and more.
- We also work hard to make sure that you have a mentor—a person who's helping you grow professionally.
- We’re dedicated to serving the full range of cultural diversity in our community, and to providing families with care that’s relevant to them and their values. As a member of Childhaven staff, you’ll be encouraged to contribute to community engagement strategies and will participate on the ESIT Racial Equity/Social Justice Team to ensure that our programs and protocols are doing their part to dismantle systemic racism.
We strive to make Childhaven a great place to work by living our values: Teamwork, Equity,
Excellence, Dedication, and Respect. Here’s a little bit about what we offer our staff:
- We believe in fully transparent hiring process.
- We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision insurance. Expanded benefits include a flexible spending account, healthcare reimbursement account, a 403(b) savings program with employer contributions. A full listing of benefits is available.
- Opportunities to attend a wide variety of trainings on clinical and education topics, advocacy and more.
- We’re dedicated to serving the full range of cultural diversity in our community, and to providing families with care that’s relevant to them and their As a member of Childhaven staff, you’ll be encouraged to contribute to community engagement strategies and to serve on our Racial Equity Team, which makes ongoing recommendations to ensure that our programs and protocols are doing their part to dismantle systemic racism.
Please apply through Arcoro or our website.
Open until filled; qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by October 1st, 2021. In addition to completing the application online, attach a resume and cover letter when prompted.
Those who do not attach a resume and cover letter may not be considered.
If you require an accommodation to participate in the selection process, please let us know.