W&M Fire Protection, a subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Company, is a full-service fire protection contractor with complete design, installation, and fabrication capability. W&M has proudly served the tri-state and New England areas for over 20 years, and offers a challenging and rewarding work environment.
At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for an Inside Sales Representative at our office in Plantsville, CT. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
The Inside Sales Rep is responsible for the estimating of repair and sales of fire protection products and will oversee the completion of all assigned projects.
HOW SUCCESS WILL BE MEASURED:
- Prepare and present effective proposals that offer solutions to customer life safety issues based on inspection deficiency reports.
- Build relationships with customers to capture a full range of fire protection services including fire alarm and suppression installations, as well as repair and inspection of existing systems.
- Maintain relationships with vendors, stay abreast of new products, technical data, and market trends.
- Contact existing and potential customers to determine fire protection needs and evaluate repair options.
- Read, interpret different types of fire system inspection reports and apply technical requirements of fire protection codes, manufacturer data & insurer criteria to quote repairs accurately.
- Oversee projects by making routine site visits, attending status meetings, processing related documentation and other duties related to evaluating project performance.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma/GED with Associate Degree preferred
- Previous related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is a plus
- Good oral, written, telephone and customer service skills
- Good time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to assist both internal and external customers
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusion
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business procedures and regulations
- Moderate to advanced computer skills
- Valid state driver’s license
- May supervise field technicians
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment – moderate noise
- Requires the ability to drive to customer locations.
- Will require working in the field at job sites from time to time with exposure to dust, fumes, and higher levels of noise.
- May require light lifting.
- Requires working on computers and phones consistently throughout the day.
LIMITATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"