Farrell Roofing, a national commercial roofing company with a location in Las Vegas, NV, has an immediate opening for a Branch Safety Inspector.
Farrell Roofing has been a family owned and operated business since 1946. We pride ourselves on our industry leading safety standards, uncompromising quality, long term thinking and team-oriented culture. We combine old fashioned experience with cutting edge technology to grow our business and delight our customers. With 350 team members executing over $50 million in roofing, we are one of the region’s largest contractors with plans to keep growing.
What you can expect from us:
- To be treated with respect, fairness, and generosity.
- The opportunity to speak your mind and be listened to.
- To be challenged and supported in the direction of your potential.
- Flexibility in your work schedule.
- Accountability focused on output/quality of work.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Attend jobsite walkthroughs as a safety representative.
- Complete site safety plans, job hazard analysis, and pre-task plans.
- Inspect job sites for compliance. Follow corrective actions to completion.
- Complete incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Complete asbestos inspections per EPA AHERA requirements. Arrange for hazardous sample collection for other materials such as lead, PCB, etc.
- Be responsible for New Employee Safety training at the branch level.
- Coordinate training with local union. Provide training when necessary to employees.
- Investigate any safety or health-related complaints and ensure compliance with regulations.
- Maintain inventory of safety equipment. Complete required inspections based on manufacturer recommendations. Work with Safety Coordinator to purchase safety equipment.
- Ensure Safety Data Sheets and all required documentation is onsite for all projects.
- Ensure weekly tool box talks are completed on the planned topic.
- Work with asbestos coordinator to schedule training, fit tests, and physicals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate For This Role Is Someone Who:
- Identifies with and cares about the values of the organization: Safety, Quality Focus, Generosity, and Commitment To Our People.
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills and can communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of the organization.
- Is self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and change tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Is a team player, able to influence others and handle conflict.
- Has strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Has high standards for the work they produce.
- Provides excellent customer service and views their co-workers as their customers in addition to external parties.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- OSHA 30 Hour Construction required.
- OSHA Outreach Training Program qualifications preferred.
- EPA Asbestos Supervisor qualifications preferred.
- 3-5 years construction safety experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must be able to use a smart phone and able to work with new applications.
- Work is executed in both office and construction environments.
- Travel is required for training, incident investigations, and company representation for meetings.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
- Must be able to work at heights.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
Conditions of Employment:
- US Citizenship
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to pass background check and drug test.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Farrell Roofing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/E-Verify Employer.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.