APi Group is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking a Senior Human Resources Business Partner reporting to the Vice President of Employee Services.
The Senior HR Business Partner supports the APi Corporate departments in developing and implementing HR plans and solutions in order to achieve strategic business initiatives. This role drives project management for various HR initiatives in the corporate team and across the enterprise including management training and development, policy review and implementation and HR team development. This work includes, but is not limited to, increasing workforce capability, providing change leadership, talent management planning and supporting day-to-day operations as well as on-going process improvement.
- In conjunction with business and department leaders, develop, implement, administer and/or interpret corporate policies, programs and procedures including:
- Recruitment and Selection
- Employee Communication
- Local, State, and Federal Law Compliance
- Wage and Hour Compliance
- Policies and Procedures
- Performance Management
- Development Planning
- Review and analyze data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience
- Work with managers and employees to address all types of employee relations issues ensuring a balance in representing all parties’ interests
- Assess corporate and enterprise human resources training needs and conduct 1:1 and/or group training sessions as appropriate.
- Plan, manage and provide continuous improvement to all aspects of corporate HR operations.
- Partner with managers to retain, develop and motivate people to achieve their fullest potential.
- Working with business groups to assess, create and implement innovative solutions for a variety of employee experience initiatives within the corporate departments.
- Provide ongoing support to the leadership team on HR related matters, policies and procedures
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, promotions and job leveling.
- Manage relationships with providers of HR consulting and technology services
- Support the development of enterprise HR capabilities through the HR Leaders community and other avenues as needed. This includes planning and presentation on regular HR Leader calls, facilitation of best practice sharing, building relationships with HR Leaders, and development / implementation of training programs for enterprise HR Leaders.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resource Administration, Business Administration or a related field
- 8+ years of recognized, progressively responsible human resources experience
Competencies and Skills:
- Ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and self-initiative
- Demonstrated ability to coach managers and supervisors to use company best practices for maximum effectiveness
- Excellent written, verbal communication, interpersonal skills; high quality document and report preparation
- Excellent presentation skills and knowledge of employment laws
- Proven ability to successfully work as a team member and to build and maintain a positive work environment across the network
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment requiring strong multi-tasking abilities
- Coach/Teach : Ability to provide timely guidance utilizing questions and constructive feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge and skill areas to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Cultural Fluency : Ability to appreciate, communicate and navigate across cultures. The ability to adopt a multicultural mindset to adjust behavior and style to best respond to others.
- Dealing with ambiguity: Effectively copes with change and can shift gears comfortably. Is able to decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Communicate: Clearly convey and receive information and ideas through a variety of media, in a manner that engages the audience and ensures mutual understanding and retention.
- Relationship/Partnership Builder: Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships with individuals, teams, and organizations to achieve the mission, vision and objectives of the company.
- Manage conflict: Deal effectively with others in times of conflict; clarify current situation and objectively view conflict from all sides; seek positive courses of action while maintaining relationships.
- Strategic Thinking: Proactively identify key issues and relationships relevant to achieving long-range organizational vision and objectives; ability to identify and evaluate resources – human, material, financial – and then plan for their utilization throughout the execution of a comprehensive, long-range project.
- Managerial courage: Tactfully dispenses direct and actionable feedback; is open and direct with others without being intimidating; deals head-on with people problems and prickly situations.
Direct reports: One (1) HR coordinator. Additional DRs possible as team develops.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.