Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other and we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
Visit us at Fire Protection Company | Western States Fire Protection (wsfp.com) to learn more!
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Sales and Estimator
This individual will cultivate new business relationships, maintain existing accounts, and ensure the fulfillment of established sales goals through estimating and bidding fire protection projects. Embrace a consultative selling technique that includes the ability to analyze client needs, communicate appropriate solutions, and facilitate sales to closure.
- Review construction project plans, requirements, drawings, and specifications for developing pricing and proposals, acquire subcontract pricing, and comply with codes and permits
- Apply knowledge of NFPA standards to analyze hazards and identify appropriate design approaches to prepare preliminary plans, understand hydraulic calculations, identify material, equipment, and price related items to prepare detailed cost estimates.
- Prepare proposals in accordance with company policy and present bid packages to customers in a professional and timely manner.
- Actively pursue opportunities with existing and new prospective customers in an effort to build business.
- Establish contact with prospects and potential buyers by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads.
- Develop positive and ongoing relationships with customers to ensure customer satisfaction
- Define customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company offerings
- Close sufficient sales to meet sales plan objectives
- Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog
- Maintain historical record of all sales and bidding documents/stats
- Conduct coordination with other departments to ensure proper handover of job information
- Conduct Project Manager functions when required.
- Three to Five years plus experience in the fire protection industry is preferred
- A working knowledge of life safety and NFPA codes
- Ability to create local and distance relationships with General Contractors
- Strong prospecting skills
- Proven ability to close
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Travel when required.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, in accordance with Company policy
- Willing to pass post-offer drug screen and reference and background check
- Familiar with reading and understanding construction documents, including bid forms, plans, specifications, contracts, purchase orders and general agreements.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products specifically Outlook and Excel.
- Must have the willingness to be a team player.
Salary: $50-70k per year plus commission, depending on experience.
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor