The Jamar company is seeking qualified candidates for a Plumbing Service Technician. This role will provide plumbing/pipefitting services as defined in the service request or service agreements. This role works independently and is responsible to represent the company on customer locations/sites in the regional area. This is an hourly, Union position.
Knowledge and ability to perform plumbing repairs, maintenance, and installation techniques; must know plumbing codes.
- Working knowledge of low-pressure steam systems.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, and written reference material, perform mathematical calculations, and diagnose and resolve problems.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Flexibility to work varying shifts; weekends, holidays and emergency on-call rotation as needed.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to effectively represent the company in an ethical and professional manner and consistent with our values and mission.
- Valid State Driver’s license, and able to travel to customer locations.
- Ability to learn and use a service software platform.
Certification, License, Registration:
- State Plumbing license is preferred, but not required.
- RPZ license preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to eable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Install, repair, and maintain plumbing and piping systems in commercial, institutional, industrial, or public buildings as per service orders.
- Work in cooperation with other trades and laborers to ensure that all specifications are met to ensure efficient work completion.
- Ensures work is performed in a manner to meet all Industry standards of Plumbing codes and safety.
- Interpret work orders and perform work requested with limited direction. Enter and close work orders via the Service software platform
- Operate a variety of tools and machines incidental to operations.
- Requisition of repair parts and equipment.
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Comply with Company policy and standards.
- Perform additional assignments and responsibilities as assumed or requested.
- Always adhere to all safety and vehicle related policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently, strong work ethic and time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work from specifications or verbal instructions.
- Strong communication skills, initiative, and self-discipline.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team setting.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires travel project location across the Midwest region of the United States. Most travel is planned based on project schedule, although may require short notice to travel to job sites.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Walking includes moving within a project site, including uneven surface/ground.
- The employee is regularly required to drive a vehicle, sitting for periods of time throughout the day.
- Frequent pushing/pulling using both hands/arms while moving equipment, materials, etc., exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Occasional kneeling/crouching while performing duties at or near ground level; occasional working in confined spaces.
- Constant use of both hands/arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering/squeezing while using tools and equipment.
- Constant use of sight abilities in performing duties and in maintaining a safe work environment, visual requirements include color vision, depth perception, hand/eye/foot coordination and visual acuity in near and midrange vision.
- Constant use of speech/hearing abilities in communicating with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
- The environmental conditions for this position include climate controlled indoor activity to inclement outdoor extremes of cold, heat, dust, wind, and various forms of precipitation
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in plant environment. PPE required when in the plant, yard or construction areas include:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses / Goggles
- Steel-toed Boots
- High Visibility Vest
- Hearing Protection (designated areas)
- Personal Fall Arrest Harness
About us: For more than 100 years, the Jamar Company has built a reputation as an expert specialty contractor. We have a history of proven success in solving difficult challenges for our industrial and commercial customers. The Jamar Company is headquartered in Duluth, MN with office locations in Arden Hill and Shakopee, MN, Eau Claire, Green Bay and Spooner, WI, Bismarck and Watford City, ND and Mountain View, WY. https://www.jamarcompany.com/