In any given year, our people have a hand in installing, maintaining or operating hundreds of large mechanical systems – or supporting those that do. With each of those, there’s a story that is affecting people’s lives. That’s a responsibility we take very seriously, and it’s why we are driving innovation and disrupting the way people think about construction and facility service.
What you can expect:
Our internship program is a full-time, 10-12 week summer position from May through August. As an intern you’ll receive an exciting opportunity to acquire relevant work experience and work alongside our best and brightest. You will be paid competitively and get to network with our top leaders. Your experience will include an orientation, job walks and a community service event, just to name a few.
As an Application Developer Intern at U.S. Engineering, you will work on a wide range of apps used across our company to enhance and streamline processes. This position will allow you to be a creative developer, work alongside a small team, and use leading web technologies. Our goal is to create applications to track and manage mechanical systems from manufacturing to the installed product. An opportunity at U.S. Engineering means you will be a part of shaping future skylines, enriching communities, and lowering the Total Cost of Ownership for building owners. We’re looking for visionaries to carry our mission forward.
What you’ll bring:
We’re looking for students with an appetite to learn, who work just as well by themselves as with a collaborative spirit; currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar degree with an interest in Mechanical Contracting. Effective communication skills with an ability to develop and foster strong professional relationships. Self-motivation and awareness; with a bit of a sense of humor; Basic level of business acumen. Interest in application and/or web development.
While you’re here you will:
- Collaborate with the Development Team to create a variety of applications crucial to our business needs.
- Learn how to craft effective solutions while documenting code and processes.
- Learn how to provide excellent customer service to end users by responding in a timely, thorough manner to inquiries about application functionality, training, or other requests for assistance.
- Grow your skillset with opportunities to provide input on processes and technologies used in our stack.
- Grow your skillset with opportunities to learn application development best practices through mentorships, working alongside experienced Application Developers.
Will Bring This to the Table
- A team focused on Being the Best.
- An organization that has had the strength and stability to thrive for more than 125 years.
- Leadership that understands our next 125 years depends on our ability to evolve.