ReVision Energy is looking for a VP of Commercial Operations to join our growing Maine based team. This role will require travel. The ideal candidate will be located in or be willing to travel to ME, NH, or MA and will have relevant experience. Travel and training in other ReVision locations may be required as well.
ReVision Energy was founded in 2003 by two solar geeks in a garage and has grown to over 300 employee-owners spread across our physical locations in Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts. Our offerings of products have grown to include solar panels, battery backup systems, electric vehicle infrastructure, heat pumps, and water heating equipment.
As a 100% employee-owned company and a Certified B Corp, ReVision Energy is on a mission to lead our community in solving the environmental problems caused by fossil fuels while alleviating economic and social injustice.
ReVision Energy is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to creating an inclusive culture where employees from diverse backgrounds can thrive and support our mission. Our recruitment team looks at the whole picture; personal, professional, and non-traditional experience, as well as community involvement.
The safety, health, and well-being of our co-owners and our communities is of primary importance. We have implemented additional measures to assure that those we work and share spaces with adhere to COVID and general safety best practices
ABOUT THE POSITION:
ReVision Energy is seeking a Vice President of Commercial Operations (VPCO) to lead its distributed generation (DG) commercial clean energy infrastructure business, in collaboration with the VP of Business Development, and provide direct oversight of all engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) activities. The DG commercial business is the fastest growing business unit within ReVision Energy and its success is imperative to achieving ReVision Energy’s mission of accelerating the clean energy transition in northern New England. We are looking for a collaborative, emotionally intelligent problem–solver, team leader and execution expert who enjoys a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment while leading a high growth business unit.
This position will be based in our South Portland, Maine corporate headquarters with flexibility to accommodate remote work. The VPCO will collaborate with the VP of Business Development (VPBD) to lead ReVision’s DG commercial clean energy infrastructure execution efforts in both existing and new markets. This position will be responsible for scaling and supporting the commercial business unit with a specific focus on building and executing annual and medium term financial and operational plans; building the tools, processes and systems to support business growth; and managing the financial and operational performance of the business unit.
In collaboration with other functional team leaders (sales, project development, project finance, engineering, procurement and construction) in ReVision’s DG commercial business unit, this position will work closely with the VPBD to develop the unit’s operational and financial plans by market segment and line of business, as well as human resource and capital investment planning. Once developed the VPCO will, in collaboration with the VPBD, be responsible for managing that plan, including tracking and reporting operational and financial performance and forecasting.
Further, the VPCO will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining the tools, process and systems necessary to support the business unit’s growth. This includes collaborating with VPBD, functional team leads, ReVision IT staff and external system implementation consultants to develop the commercial business unit’s new portfolio of CRM, project management, project cost estimating and ERP software. The VPCO will lead these system implementations with a focus on process optimization, critical path process management, and ability to report on operational KPIs such as development pipeline maturity, financial close, notice to proceed and key construction milestones as well as project cost tracking, performance versus project-level budgets and roll-up business-unit level financial performance tracking.
The VPCO will also play an active role in commercial negotiations with key customers, developers, investors, partners, vendors and subcontractors. This position will be responsible for negotiating key contracts and bids to improve commercial contract terms, including issues of price, cost, schedule, cash flow, profitability and risk. The VPCO will be responsible for maintaining key relationships with such key external parties.
The ideal candidate will have a mastery of the principles of Financial and Strategic Management as well as Team Leadership and Group Dynamics and have led a company or organization through a market strategy development, planning, budgeting, forecasting and execution process. Qualified candidates will also have demonstrated success leading a growing team through change management, including process development and IT business system implementation. Further, the ideal candidate will have experience in commercial contract negotiations in a project development or construction contracting position. Finally, ideal candidates will understand the principles of critical path project management and be experienced in applying those principles to optimize project schedules, resources and profitability across the business unit.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development & execution of annual and medium-term operational and financial plan with VPBD.
- Operational performance reporting (budget, forecast, actual) of functional teams:
- Project Development
- Project Finance
- Financial Performance Reporting: Budget, forecasted, actual
- Capital Investment (development, inventory, construction)
- Development of process, systems and reporting tools required to manage business unit growth.
- Oversight of business unit implementation of new software systems (CRM, ERP, Project Management, Project Estimating)
- Support commercial contract and bid negotiations with key customers, investors, developers, vendors, subcontractors, optimizing contract terms related to price, cost, profitability, cash flow and risk
- Collaborate with VP Business Development to develop and implement regional strategic planning initiatives including identifying and executing growth opportunities in PV, Energy Storage, Electric Vehicle Infrastructure and other markets
- Represent ReVision Energy’s goals and interests in relevant legislative and regulatory/utility proceedings with VPBD
- Coach and Mentor operationally focused members of the Commercial Business Unit, and provide primary leadership support to the Commercial Operations Manager and Procurement
- MBA or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years experience in Operational and/or Financial management, ideally with a concentration on energy development and/or construction.
- Demonstrated success leading/managing a business operational and financial planning, budgeting and execution process for a $25-50 million+ revenue business or organization.
- Demonstrated success developing/defining operational KPIs and building reports to monitor and impact performance.
- Experience with process development, change management and business system implementation.
- Demonstrated success leading commercial contract negotiations of $1-$5 million per transaction or greater.
- Experience applying concepts of critical path project management to optimize project financial performance, budget and schedule.
- Proven success in project management, scheduling, estimating, negotiations, planning, , budget development, and strategic planning.
- Experience with multiple contracting methods including Design-Build, T&M, Firm Fixed Price, Negotiated, APA/MIPA, EPC, PPA.
- Track record of strong leadership, mentoring, communication, and team building skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to various locations within New England as required.
- Strong competence with Computer including Excel, Word, archiving, email, CRM and other web-based applications.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.