APi Group is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking a Developmental Safety Leader reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Safety
- Provide direction, coordination, and supervision of APi Group’s Company Health and Safety Program and Policies in collaboration with the Corporate Risk Management team and multiple safety leaders across APi Group subsidiaries
Safety & Loss Prevention
- Support and believe in our Commitment to Zero and Striving Towards Excellence and Professionalism in Safety (STEPS) efforts.
- Support our Driving Without Distractions initiative.
- Contribute to the direction of company’s overall health and safety program. This includes implementing APi Group, Inc. health and safety programs and/or company-specific programs unique to the business.
- Supporting company risk management goals and objectives and helping to incorporate them into annual company business plan(s).
- Communicate with and involve executive management with respect to risk management goals, objectives and key performance indicators.
- Explore, research, adapt new products, programs and/or technology that will further enhance the company’s safety performance.
- Regularly engage with field team members to assist and monitor loss prevention efforts.
- Influence field leadership through coaching, feedback and continued training activities to assist in building the skills necessary to execute loss prevention activities.
- Assist in maintaining regulatory compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Create and deliver training opportunities to all levels of the team.
- Perform frequent job site evaluations, determine employee exposure(s) and institute acceptable work practices.
- Investigate losses when available and able.
- Monitor and measure loss performance from corporate level as well as project level.
- Participate in claim reviews with appropriate management personnel.
- Continuously search for trends in incidents reported and opportunities for prevention.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or Risk related field.
- Entry level to five years of experience as a safety leader.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe, Internet browser at a minimum.
- Ability to communicate well in standard English, both verbally and in writing.
Competencies and Skills:
- High level of energy and sense of urgency to the businesses served.
- Ability to visit/walk construction project sites
- Moving around in office environment
- Telephone conversations
- Use of email
- Reading and creating documents, letters, memos, and instructions
- Face to face discussions with individuals or teams
- Contact with others (in person, by email, or phone)
- Being highly accurate in all tasks
- Meeting strict deadlines, which involves pressure, organization, and attention to detail.
- Working with others in a group or team.
- Being responsible and accountable for outcomes and results.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.