APi Group is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are seeking a Safety Summer Intern. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting in small and large corporate projects. You will be exposed to a variety of corporate tasks and be involved with multiple APi Group subsidiaries. This position should bring a high level of energy and a strong sense of customer service to the businesses. The following list of responsibilities describes the core duties of the Safety Intern position within APi Group. This list should not be considered all-inclusive, but very representational of the expectations set forth by the organization.
- Assist in the reduction of incidents/accidents and provide the necessary leadership and professionalism that promotes a safe working environment for all employees.
- Learn about appropriate safety training and other safety-related programs to ensure continual improvement and compliance with the APi corporate health and safety program.
- Audit operating centers and field operations for compliance with regulatory standards and the corporate health and safety program.
- Bring new ideas and enthusiasm in our pursuit of safety excellence.
- Involvement in small and large corporate projects that may include: ergonomics, industrial hygiene, environmental, policy review, developing trainings and toolbox talks, active shooter plans, emergency action plans, crisis management and evacuation plans, roadmaps and highlights, etc.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test, background, driving history and reference check.
- Possess a safety/risk-related or construction management degree or be currently working towards one.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good technology skills – Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and complex situations.
- Ability to travel 10-25% of the time overnight.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Paid Internship
- Housing assistance may be provided to those who qualify.
- Travel expenses – mileage, flight, hotel, food and other items may be provided for business travel depending on scope of travel.
This internship duration is negotiable.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.