CAD Drafter - Architectural
The Jamar Company is seeking a team-oriented, detailed, and collaborative individual to fill an CAD Drafter - Architectural position with our Architectural department. The ideal candidate is looking to work with the leading roofing and architectural metal contractor in the region, building relationships, interacting with customers. This person has initiative, self-discipline, and a strong work ethic – and this role provides an exciting opportunity for someone interested in growing their career with Jamar.
This position is empowered to assist with operational process throughout the Architectural Division. The individual is responsible to assist project managers with day-to-day operations while working with all members of the company, and customers.
- AA Degree in Engineering, Drafting, Design or related field, or two years drafting experience.
- Strong written, verbal, mathematical, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, AutoCAD, and various internet web sites utilized for plan procurement.
- Display skills necessary to navigate internet web sites for document procurement.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Valid state driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare clear, complete, and accurate working plans and detail drawings from rough or detailed sketches or notes from project managers, architects, or engineers according to specified dimensions by Computer Aided Design (CAD) system.
- Check dimensions of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure of project.
- Make all adjustments or changes as directed by design professional.
- Draw charts for representation of statistical data or purchasing data as specified for construction and material procurement.
- Draw finished designs from plans and specifications or from other engineering / architectural documentation.
- Acquire and assemble information needed to complete drawing, visiting job sites to gather measurements and current state of construction.
- Utilize knowledge of various drafting packages and software to complete drawings.
- Procure and organize specifications for estimators.
- Deliver bids when needed, obtaining building permits, preparing warranties, and other various submittal packages.
- Actively participate in programs and initiatives designed to enhance the overall good of the company, including collaboration with other APi organizations as directed.
- Work as a member of a design team, cooperating with the team leader and with Project Management in an effective manner to perform engineering work of a high quality, with no errors.
- Be aware of budget and schedule constraints on all work executed. Make every effort to complete assignment on time and on schedule.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with customers.
- Ability to support Jamar and APi Group goals.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with Architectural and Engineering terminology.
- Technical aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations. Ability to analyze and make recommendation and decisions.
About us: For more than 100 years, the Jamar Company has built a reputation as an expert specialty contractor. We have a history of proven success in solving difficult challenges for our industrial and commercial customers. The Jamar Company is headquartered in Duluth, MN with office locations in Arden Hills and Shakopee, MN, Eau Claire, Green Bay and Spooner, WI, Bismarck and Watford City, ND and Mountain View, WY. https://www.jamarcompany.com/
We offer: a competitive salary and excellent benefits including Health, Vision & Dental Insurance, 401K Program (with company contribution), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Short and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, Holidays, and Training/ Continuing Educational Opportunities. Compensation commensurate with experience.