Ellis Fire Suppression, Inc. , a subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Company, was established in 2005 and is based in N. Billerica, MA. We are a full-service contractor for the New England area, specializing in both water-based and chemical suppression systems, as well as fire alarms and extinguishers. Ellis has an on-site fabrication shop and 24-hour emergency response team. Our dedicated team is committed to providing excellence in fire protection.
As a result of continued growth, we are seeking a Fire Alarm Technician to join our team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Test, inspect and service fire alarm systems (Siemens, Notifier, Simplex, EST, Firelite, or equivalent)
- Identify & troubleshoot fire alarm deficiencies
- Cover on-call hours for servicing customers, including nights and weekends on a rotating basis
- Microsoft Office programs, ZEUS, Cerberus Pro, FIrelite, other fire alarm programming a plus.
- Familiarity with SDU software a plus
- Valid state driver’s license
- Travel between customer sites daily
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Low Voltage License (D)
- Or Electrical License (B)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Depending on the customer site, noise level could be quiet (as in a library or public office) or moderate (as in a business office with computers and light traffic)
- Ability to withstand heights and climb ladders comfortably
LIMITATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran