www.bartingalemechanical.com (715) 835-3169
3213 Louis Ave, Suite G • PO Box 1027 • Eau Claire, WI 54702-1027 Fax (715) 835-0538
Bartingale Mechanical Services is seeking to fill a General Manager role. This is a unique opportunity to be instrumental in the strategic growth of the branch, including partnership with internal and external stakeholders. This position will offer the right candidate an exciting, hands-on opportunity to grow their career in a successful, specialty service business.
Job Summary: Leadership of the Bartingale Mechanical business unit and staff; responsible for meeting or exceeding department financial and strategic goals, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting, staffing, business development, work assignments, process improvement, customer relationships and corporate/operational support as a part of the leadership team. Ensure Bartingale legacy continues through delivering and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Minimum of ten years’ HVAC/Plumbing/Pipefitting Service, Construction, and Building Controls experience, with at least three years in a supervisory role overseeing staff.
- Knowledge of strategic planning processes, financial budgeting and forecasts is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, AutoCAD, Revit, Bluebeam/Adobe Pro, estimating software, Procore/Primavera or other Project Management software, file sharing systems.
- Knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings, and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline, knowledge of system prefabrication and installation.
- Valid state driver’s license and able to travel as needed for project and department support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee and support the department and company financial performance goals as they relate to the overall strategic plan/initiatives.
- Lead the department team in development of the strategic planning department goals, to include quarterly department gathering, discussion, tracking and reporting.
- Review monthly project reports and have overall P&L responsibility for the department; responsible for overseeing monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements as well as budgeting.
- Manage a variety of stakeholders including site superintendents, trade partners, designers, estimators, and general contractors; ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures and standards are always adhered to, including ensuring that safe practices are being followed during site visits.
- Develop, coordinate, and assign project goals and timelines for awarded projects; define objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown, milestones, and deliverables.
- Lead estimating, BIM/3D team, project management and field engineers with day-to-day objectives related to process, execution, innovation, projects, and customers.
- Establish staff work assignments, training, and process improvements. Create or oversee the creation of measurable individual development plans for department staff, track, document, and report progress. Provide IDP’s or semi-annual touch base coaching sessions to provide and accept constructive feedback.
- Inspire team philosophy toward being the best in the industry at what we do and delivering on what we promise.
- Provides support for safety, quality, billing, and collection, as needed
- Oversee the preparation and finalization of the contractor/trade contracts.
- Oversee customer & public relations and assist in building internal/external connections throughout the department team; point of contact for any issues that arise with customers, staff, or operations.
- Provide operational support to other Department leaders and the President of Jamar.
- Actively participate in programs, policies, and initiatives designed to enhance the overall good of the company and parent corporation.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership responsibility; can communicate effectively with others.
- Can analyze and make decisions.
- Ability to develop and maintain a team environment.
- Actively participate in programs and initiatives designed to enhance the overall good of the company, including sister company support as needed
Bartingale Mechanical is one of the premiere Plumbing & HVAC contractors in Wisconsin. Our business is headquartered in Eau Claire and serves most of Western Wisconsin.
Our mission is to provide top quality plumbing, HVAC, and temperature control services to residential and commercial customers. We pride ourselves in working for the best customers in Wisconsin, who call us for all their mechanical projects. We provide top notch air conditioning, heating, refrigeration, and building automation services utilizing the best tools and products available on the market.
We offer: a competitive salary and excellent benefits including Health, Vision & Dental Insurance, 401K Program (with company contribution), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Short and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, Holidays, and Training/ Continuing Educational Opportunities. Compensation commensurate with experience.