Headquartered in Taylor, Mich., Atlas Oil is a premier national fuel supply, logistics and services company delivering comprehensive solutions to customers throughout the distribution lifecycle, from crude oil E & P companies to refineries to commercial end users nationwide, 24/7/365.
With operational excellence and industry leading safety standards, Atlas is engaged in all areas of transportation, logistics and fueling, including bulk, fleet, event, onsite, emergency services and transloading. The company is highly active in real estate, including the purchase and sale of locations.
The company leverages a team of nearly 500 professionals, a fleet of state-of-the-industry equipment and a national network of premium third-party relationships, guaranteeing a seamless, consistent and industry-leading experience at every touch point.
Atlas was named one of Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” in 2010, a “Top Workplace" in 2008, 2009 and 2010 by the Detroit Free Press and listed on the Inc. 5,000 list of fastest growing private companies in 2009. Most recently, Atlas was named as Michigan’s largest logistics company in Crain’s Detroit 2017 Book of Lists.
Under minimum supervision, applies principles of accounting and financial analysis to produce financial information and reports. Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare document business transactions and record as appropriate. Analyzes financial information detailing profits, margins and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
Required Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required
- CPA, CMA, or MBA preferred
Primary Responsibilities & Scope
- Prepare and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to ensure accuracy, completeness, and adherence to US GAAP requirements
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses
- Develop, maintain, and analyze forecasts for variances
- Identify, implement and support process improvements to gain efficiencies and effectiveness of accounting practices
- Possess a passion for working in high paced environment with exposure to finance and operational business leaders
- Investigate complex financial transactions and preparing reports summarizing the findings and providing recommendations
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting requirements and recommending, developing, and maintaining solutions to business and financial issues
- Prepare and record journal entries
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and participation in monthly balance sheet review
- Maintain a working knowledge of any relevant changes to accounting standards
- 5-7 years experience in the Accounting field
- Ability to problem solve and communicate effectively
- Have bias towards process improvement and automation
- Must be detailed oriented
- Experience in Excel, intermediate level a plus
- Knowledgeable of accounting principles, Financial Statement and Cash Flow analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to identify opportunities for cost savings/profit enhancement and efficiency improvements
- Strong initiative and ability to analyze, question and summarize data for decision making
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Direct experience in the petroleum industry a plus