Delta Fire was formed in 1963 by fire protection engineers William A. Pickett and Nels C. Sparr. The duo wanted to build a professional organization they could be personally proud of. With that goal in mind, and their leadership and ability to attract good people, Delta Fire has grown to be one of the largest and most respected fire protection contractors in the intermountain area.
For years our main business focused on the design, installation and service of fire prevention and fire suppression services, but our alarm security and monitoring divisions are growing rapidly. Delta Fire currently employs more than 100 people, and we have experience in a variety of markets, including: commercial, residential, industrial, energy and power, mining, government and military.
We are headquartered in Salt Lake City, but have a total of six office locations to serve a huge part of the intermountain area, including the Salt Lake Valley and southern Utah, Reno and northwest Nevada, and southern Idaho.
Delta Fire was acquired by APi Group, Inc. in 2008 and since then it has been able to benefit from the synergy of more than 35 companies; including competitive manufacturer pricing, robust insurance and bonding, and extensive safety and leadership training and resources. We are an industry leader in the installation of pre-action, foam, deluge, ultra high speed and carbon dioxide systems.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for initiating, conducting and coordinating the clerical and administrative functions required for the effective operation within an office. They will assist other branch personnel including key managers in a variety of administrative roles.
- High School diploma or GED; and/or one to two years related experience and/or training is preferred
- Proficient computer skills with working knowledge of business software applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge in certified payroll & able to run reports
- Puts forth a courteous, friendly, helpful attitude at all times when receiving office visitors, answering phones, or dealing with other associates
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug screen and background check
- Responsible for assisting with office reception functions including greeting customers, vendors, and associates
- Conduct billing, receivable, and payable functions as assigned
- Provide general administrative support for managers and staff
- Create, type, and distribute internal and external correspondence
- Coordinate technician schedules: call customers for time & date
- Maintain various types of records
- Gather information from customers to set up service calls for all departments
- Assist in compiling contracts, proposals, and job packets
- Maintain and enter payroll for technicians
- Able to perform Contract job set ups and billings
- Offer suggestions and solutions on improving efficiency of general office procedures
- Accomplish responsibilities as required using business software approved by WSFP
- Other duties as assigned
All qualified applicants with Delta Fire Systems Inc. will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor