APi Group is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking a Voice and Network Support Analyst to join us full-time to assist us as our business continues to expand. The Voice and Network Support Analyst will assist in providing technical coordination and support for the telecommunications capability for APi Group and the regional APi companies. The Voice and Network Support Analyst will spend most of his/her time executing tasks related to procurement, installation, deployment, support, maintenance and effective use of the voice and network capability.
- Provide technical coordination and support for the telecommunications capability for APi Group and the regional APi companies under the leadership of a Voice and Network Engineer. The position will effectively represent the IT Department as a value-added business partner.
- Responsible for the procurement, installation, deployment, support, maintenance and effective use of the voice and network capability.
- Maintain cross-functional/organizational collaboration with regional APi companies to effectively coordinate installations within the voice and data equipment and network platform.
- New phone installations: verify phone models and counts needed. Order the proper phones and any accessories. Work with customers to configure preferential call flows. Phone training as necessary.
- Setup workflows for phone configurations, auto-attendants, and dialing tree.
- Perform Voice Mail changes and disconnects.
- Coordinate new installations with regional APi companies as needed; resolve or help the coordination of installation problems that can delay installation times.
- Cross-train and increase knowledge around managing tasks for a new acquisition or new telecommunications implementations.
- Responsible for monitoring, maintenance and support of APi Group voice and network capabilities.
- Provide proactive services for the voice and network capability in order to discover and resolve issues before they become major problems while increasing the business value of the IT department.
- Handle billing and accounting issues that may arise.
- Provide services that meet customers' needs through an appropriate mix of people, process, technology and attitude.
- Learn the basics of VoIP systems, CUCM, and Jabber.
Competencies, Qualifications & Skills:
- Excellent reputation with customers for your polished communication skills and positive attitude.
- You are flexible and adaptable when needed, but you know when to deep-dive and focus on the task at hand.
- You like to learn and actively seek new skills and knowledge to keep up with the changing technology field, including bringing any new ideas to the team.
- You are a trusted advisor to internal and external customers and subject matter experts.
- Excellent organizational skills and analytic, problem-solving skills.
- Impeccable confidentiality, attention to detail, and self-organization.
- Your deep understanding and appreciation for others and your consistent treatment of others as you would have them treat you.
- Experience with, or exposure to telecommunications products or tools
- Experience with system monitoring tools
- Understanding of wired and wireless LAN and WAN.
- 1 or more years of help desk, project coordination, field support, or technical call center experience.
- Basic proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Extremely good verbal communications skills with customers
- Associate’s degree or equivalent.
- Ability to work Monday through Friday at our New Brighton offices. This is not a telecommuter position.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.