The Fire Alarm Sales is responsible for selling alarm solutions to customers and for oversight of the design and installation process.
• Evaluate current regional marketplace and competitors, and develop sales strategies, appropriate margins and overall sales goals.
• Build relationships with customers to capture a full range of fire protection services including fire alarm and suppression installations, CCTV and access control, sprinkler installations, as well as repair and inspection of existing systems.
• Maintain relationships with vendors, stay abreast of new products, technical data, and market trends.
• Prepare cost estimates and bid proposals based on evaluation of construction documents such as drawings, specifications and sub-contract agreements.
• Prepares fire protection shop drawings, specifications, equipment submittals and computer hydraulic calculations as needed for compliance with applicable fire protection codes.
• Read, interpret and apply technical design requirements of fire protection codes, manufacturer’s technical data, building codes, insurer criteria, and other applicable documents.
• Perform preliminary survey of existing buildings to determine costs associated with the installation of fire protection systems.
• Coordinate sales to design and project management turnover.
• Maintain contract documents and ensure change orders are processed in a timely fashion.
• Make routine site visits during the installation phase to evaluate overall project performance and safety.
• Submit the required documentation for project closeout.
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field
• Knowledge of CAD design
• Knowledge of card access, CCTV, security
• Comprehensive understanding of contract document review, including thorough understanding of reading blueprints and specification review
• Previous experience in the Project Management field preferred
• Strong communication and customer service skills
• Moderate to advanced computer skills
• Time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to read and analyze building construction documents
• Good mathematical skills with the ability to read, understand and create financial reports
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Valid Driver’s License
• May supervise field personnel working on assigned projects
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Office environment – moderate noise
• Construction job sites – moderate to heavy noise, uneven ground, subject to all types of weather, may be subject to heights
• Ability to maneuver in restricted, poorly lit spaces
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds at a time