APi National Service Group (APi NSG) is a part of the APi Group family of companies. With fire and life safety branch offices located across the U.S., our purpose is to provide a single point of contact for customers with a regional or national portfolio of properties. With a portfolio of customers across many industries, we continue to grow as one of the country’s preferred national service providers for fire and life safety systems. We strive to build long term relationships with our clients by assembling a team dedicated to providing world class customer service based on quality, timely service, responsiveness, safety, and integrity. We identify with and live out our parent company’s enduring purpose of Building Great Leaders™ in conjunction with our own core ideology. At APi NSG, regardless of role or position, everyone is a leader.
The Data Entry Specialist is responsible for document submittal and data entry to ensure customer expectations are met. The primary focus is to review, track and enter inspection report data into our customer portal.
Objectives of the Role
- Review, track and enter inspection report data into customer portals
- Understand inspection report deficiencies and notate them into the customer portal
- Deficiency: a necessary or recommended repair to fire & life safety systems
- Support customer requests for documentation and send within the requested time frame
- Support a multitude of departments with tasks, follow-up, incoming phone support and other miscellaneous needs
- Effectively provide quality direction to service providers on expectations
- Track incoming customer expectations and requirements to ensure we follow all processes notated in the contract
- Ability to determine what is a deficiency
- Maintain the necessary resources needed to determine customer deficiency definitions
- Proficient and accurate data entry skills necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Computer proficiency (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high volume work environment
- Data entry experience preferred but not required
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including Health & Dental Insurance, 401K Program with a company match, Profit Sharing Plan, Short and Long-Term Disability, paid vacations and holidays, paid maternity leave, and educational opportunities.
If you are interested in joining our team, please follow the instructions below and forward your resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
- Employment Type: Full Time, 40 hours/week, Non-Exempt Status (Eligible for OT)
- Normal business hours are 7:30 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday
- Office environment, climate controlled
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY STATEMENT
It is the policy of APi National Service Group not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status. APi National Service Group will take affirmative action to ensure that the EEO Policy is implemented, with particular regard to: advertising, application procedures, compensation, demotion, employment, fringe benefits, job assignment, job classification, layoff, leave, promotion, recruitment, rehire, social activities, training, termination, transfer, upgrade, and working conditions.
APi National Service Group will continue to make it understood by the employment entities with which it deals, and in employment opportunity announcements that the foregoing is company policy and all employment decisions are based on individual merit only. All current employees of APi National Service Group are requested to encourage qualified disabled persons, minorities, special disabled veterans, and Vietnam Era veterans to apply for employment, on the job training or for union accommodations for qualified disabled individuals.
It is the policy of APi National Service Group that all company activities, facilities, and job sites are nonsegregated. It is the policy of APi National Service Group to ensure and maintain a working environment free of coercion, harassment, and intimidation at all job sites, and in all facilities at which employees are assigned to work. Any violation of the policy should be immediately reported to your supervisor.
E-VERIFY PARTICIPATING EMPLOYER
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.