APi National Service Group (APi NSG) is a part of the APi Group family of companies. With fire and life safety branch offices located across the U.S., our purpose is to provide a single point of contact for customers with a regional or national portfolio of properties. With a portfolio of customers across many industries, we continue to grow as one of the country’s preferred national service providers for fire and life safety systems. We strive to build long term relationships with our clients by assembling a team dedicated to providing world class customer service based on quality, timely service, responsiveness, safety, and integrity. We identify with and live out our parent company’s enduring purpose of Building Great Leaders™ in conjunction with our own core ideology. At APi NSG, regardless of role or position, everyone is a leader.
The Data Entry Specialist is responsible for document submittal and data entry to ensure customer expectations are met. The primary focus is to review, track and enter inspection report data into our customer portal.
Objectives of the Role
- Review, track and enter inspection report data into customer portals
- Understand inspection report deficiencies and notate them into the customer portal
- Deficiency: a necessary or recommended repair to fire & life safety systems
- Support customer requests for documentation and send within the requested time frame
- Support a multitude of departments with tasks, follow-up, incoming phone support and other miscellaneous needs
- Effectively provide quality direction to service providers on expectations
- Track incoming customer expectations and requirements to ensure we follow all processes notated in the contract
- Ability to determine what is a deficiency
- Maintain the necessary resources needed to determine customer deficiency definitions
- Proficient and accurate data entry skills necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Computer proficiency (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high volume work environment
- Data entry experience preferred but not required
- Our dress code is business casual with jeans allowed on Fridays. Standard business hours are 7:30am‐4:30pm M‐F. We can be flexible on start and end times with an expectation of meeting the agreed total work hours per week. The expectation is that employees incorporate the core business hours of 9am to 3pm into their normal working schedule and stick to a consistent work schedule.
Health/Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Prescription Drugs and Accidental Death & 401(k) Plan
- Eligibility for the 401(k)-plan effective the first plan entry date after 20 calendar days from date of hire; and then 1st of the following month. APi will match one-half of your contribution up to a maximum match of 3%. See new employee hire benefit sheet for specific details.
Flex Spending (HSA or TSA)
- Access to company plan that allows pre-tax treatment of many uninsured medical, dental & optical costs, daycare, and many others.
- Profit sharing contributions are handled on a discretionary basis which is based on company success and to a lesser degree, APi Group success. These contributions are by way of a stock distribution from the APi Group, Inc. ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan).
- APi National Service Group is its own subsidiary and is evaluated each year according to its contributions to the overall success of the company.
Paid PTO (Personal Time Off)
- PTO accrued amounts change throughout employment as per the APi Employee Manual. Part time positions are not eligible for Paid PTO. 40-hour standard work week is required for paid PTO.
- As shown in the APi Employee Manual. Part time positions are not eligible for Paid Holidays. 40-hour standard work week is required for paid Holidays.
Drug Screening and Background Check (if determined a requirement by APi), Drug and Alcohol Policy
- APi NSG has a mandatory, pre-employment drug screening at all our locations to insure that our employees are not under the influence of illegal drugs. Your ability to pass a drug test is necessary as a condition of this offer. APi will coordinate with you in advance of your start date should a drug screening and background check be required. APi also maintains a random drug screening policy throughout employment and adherence to its drug and alcohol policy as outline in the APi Employee Manual is mandatory.
- We intend to provide you with a positive, supportive environment where success has been our history and that you will feel good about your employment with the company. We like APi employees to be long term employees and feel we can provide you with the right support and resources, so you have a reasonable chance to succeed.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
- Employment Type: Full Time, 40 hours/week, Non-Exempt Status (Eligible for OT)
- Normal business hours are 7:30 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday
- Office environment, climate controlled
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY STATEMENT
It is the policy of APi National Service Group not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status. APi National Service Group will take affirmative action to ensure that the EEO Policy is implemented, with particular regard to: advertising, application procedures, compensation, demotion, employment, fringe benefits, job assignment, job classification, layoff, leave, promotion, recruitment, rehire, social activities, training, termination, transfer, upgrade, and working conditions.
APi National Service Group will continue to make it understood by the employment entities with which it deals, and in employment opportunity announcements that the foregoing is company policy and all employment decisions are based on individual merit only. All current employees of APi National Service Group are requested to encourage qualified disabled persons, minorities, special disabled veterans, and Vietnam Era veterans to apply for employment, on the job training or for union accommodations for qualified disabled individuals.
It is the policy of APi National Service Group that all company activities, facilities, and job sites are nonsegregated. It is the policy of APi National Service Group to ensure and maintain a working environment free of coercion, harassment, and intimidation at all job sites, and in all facilities at which employees are assigned to work. Any violation of the policy should be immediately reported to your supervisor.
E-VERIFY PARTICIPATING EMPLOYER
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.