Geospatial @ Ayres Associates
Nationally recognized for our aerial mapping, land surveying, and GIS services, Ayres has served as an important fixture in the geospatial industry for over 50 years. With a national team of professionals specializing in aerial lidar and imagery, ground-based mapping technology, specialized unmanned aerial systems (UAS), and a wide range of land survey practices our turnkey process deliver exceptional value.
Note: There is only one position available with the option of multiple office locations based on preference.
Finding the right fit:
We’re seeking a Vice President of Geospatial who has an entrepreneurial spirit, and a visionary mindset; one that will lead strategic approach and further growth for the division. Your effective interactions across the multi-disciplined company, proven relationships with external clients, and the ability to lead will gain you a seat at the table where you’ll play an integral role on our company’s leadership team.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Promote and enhance the firm’s vision, core values, culture, and long-range plans.
- Ensure the divisional structure is efficient and appropriate for the services offered both to external clients and to other divisions within the company.
- Develop an annual strategic business plan for the geospatial division with emphasis on growth, implementation of progressing technologies, financial planning, capital purchases, marketing, and training initiatives.
- Pursue opportunities for business development in geospatial including client contact, marketing initiatives, and monitoring client and partner satisfaction.
- Work with your peers on the Ayres leadership team in other divisions and groups to accomplish companywide goals.
- Act as an Ayres Associates ambassador in the community.
- Actively engage in local, statewide, and/or national professional organizations.
- Foster an environment that encourages growth, flexibility, and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership.
- Support and spend time with staff members at multiple office locations.
- Understand and adhere to corporate policies/procedures while preparing and overseeing quality assurance and quality control procedures.
- Build and maintain respectful working relationships with fellow management and leadership that allow you to engage in decision making.
- Prepare, negotiate, and approve contract documents, including scope of work, project schedule, and fee estimates provided by group project managers.
- Oversee the division, ensuring that the work is produced on schedule, profitably, and in conformance with quality standards of the firm and the requirements of the contract.
- A degree in geography, cartography, remote sensing, land surveying, or other related discipline.
- A minimum of 15 years of combined experience in the following:
- Managing a business unit with proven growth in the geospatial marketplace
- Providing solutions for the geospatial, engineering, and architectural industries
- Business development
- Project management
- Staff mentoring
- Willingness to travel to any company location on a regular basis.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Ability to grow the division geographically through expansion of existing service lines or addition of new service lines.
- Proven success in meeting goals and objectives of annual business plans and budget, including revenue and profitability, staffing, workload backlog, billing, accounts receivable, ROI on capital purchases, and image development.
- A desire to build the Ayres Associates brand at professional meetings/conferences locally, statewide, and potentially nationally.
- Ability to delegate appropriate responsibilities to others to handle multiple priorities.
- A well-established existing network of contacts in the geospatial/engineering/architectural industries.
- An ability to think outside the box to generate creative ideas for capturing new clients and market share.
- An MBA or registered professional in survey, or technical sciences preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, a client service focus as well as business development and marketing experience.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, People with Disabilities