Job type: Full time
Hourly Rate: $30 - $35
Hours of work: 8 am – 4:30 pm, with possibility of overtime.
DRYCO Construction, Inc. has been a leader in the pavement maintenance industry for over 30 years. DRYCO prides itself on its phenomenal, employee friendly culture, which is sustained by the hard-working people that we employ.
DRYCO is currently looking for a Diesel Mechanic to join our team!
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- 401k with matching.
- Paid vacation.
- Paid holidays.
Essential Job Duties:
- Diagnose and repair all types of gas and diesel equipment, including, but not limited to: dump trucks, concrete mixer trucks, light trucks, street sweepers, wheel loaders, trailers and various ancillary equipment
- Trouble-shoot, repair and replace ignition systems, fuel systems, hydraulic systems, lighting systems, electrical/computer control systems, radio systems and ABS brake systems
- Repair and overhaul engines, transmission, differentials, PTO's and axle assemblies
- Repair and maintain shop tools and machinery
- Make emergency field repairs to all equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Diagnose and repair a variety of power tools.
- Basic maintenance on small engines, demo saws, walker plates, jumping jacks, blowers, generators
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds and be on feet all day
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must possess a valid driver license, Class A preferred, and a safe driving record
- 3+ years’ experience in maintenance and repair of heavy-duty diesel and medium fleet automotive
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, electrical systems, chassis, and power-train systems
- Knowledge of industrial shop safety rules, procedures, and equipment
- Ability to safely operate vehicles and equipment to test and trouble-shoot for proper operation before and after maintenance
- Computer experience entering data and work orders for purchasing parts
- Must adhere to all safety regulations including company policies, State and Federal regulations
- Course work in a diesel/heavy equipment mechanic training program.