$37,800 – $47,300 (Dependent on years of applicable experience)
Regular status, full-time, FLSA Non-Exempt, fully benefited
Childhaven is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and recruiting candidates of every race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status as provided by law. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives to the workplace are highly encouraged to apply!
For over 110 years Childhaven has been a leader in serving children, families, and communities that have experienced trauma and adversity. In the past few years, we have been adding services and locations, becoming more community-based, and forming partnerships to increase our impact. In June 2020, Childhaven consolidated with Renton Area Youth and Family Services (RAYS) and Art with Heart, which further expanded our capacity to better serve more children, families, and communities. By combining our legacy of healing-centered care, with the expertise of our new partners, Childhaven is building a continuum of care model that is unlike any other in the Puget Sound Region.
We are proud to be a values-driven organization that serves families from diverse communities. Our values are the compass we use to get us there. They guide us in the way we treat each other, the decisions we make, and the success we achieve. Values are the touchstones to chart and guide our behavior, and reflect our commitment to:
- TEAMWORK: Relationships come first.
- EQUITY: There’s infinite value in every human.
- EXCELLENCE: Constructively dissatisfied with the status quo.
- DEDICATION: Do more. Do better.
- RESPECT: Meet people where they are.
- REFLECTION: Feelings Matter. Stepping back and exploring possibilities.
Going forward, we are embarking on a new and very ambitious strategic impact plan to further strengthen programs, expand impact, and embrace innovation. In the next five years our goals are to double the number of locations and quadruple the number of children and families we are serving - all while developing and strengthening partnerships with other community-based organizations, referral sources, government agencies, and universities. In so doing, we are opening doors to a host of new roles and opportunities within the organization. And that’s where you come in.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Childhaven seeks a Development Assistant to support its philanthropic back office with data entry and administrative responsibilities. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn about the many facets of a development department and to play a significant role in the growth and sustainability of our programs for children and families!
You are extremely detail-oriented and enjoy supporting a team in the critical behind-the-scenes functions of a department. You are passionate about bringing your skills to bear in advancing an important cause and you are looking to join a great team at an exciting point in the organization’s history. You thrive on the feeling of accomplishment that comes with the successful completion of a big project—like wrapping up year-end gift entry or seeing the fruit of several months’ labor realized at a fundraising event.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Accurately process donations made to Childhaven via check, credit cards and direct deposits
- Retrieve data information on a daily basis from different online donation sources as back-up for gifts received via Electronic Fund Transfer and Automated Clearing House
- Check gift batches for the month for proper coding or adjustments and reconcile with Finance deposits at the end of each month
- Accurately enter and track pledges
- Prepare timely and accurate thank you receipts, acknowledgement letters and other donor correspondence
- Monitor recurring gifts for updates (credit card declines and renewals)
- Routinely review, update, and maintain data records to ensure accuracy and data integrity
- Manage matching gift program.
- Provide assistance to Development Systems Manager with database maintenance.
- Support data entry, event registration, and auction item management for Childhaven’s annual auction, luncheon, and 3rd party events. (Note: this will require working occassional nights and weekends)
- Other duties as assigned, including administrative tasks
Associate’s degree or high school diploma + two years of experience in similar role
Knowledge of fundraising processes and online donation systems
Significant data entry experience, including typing and 10-key
Excellent attention to detail
Ability to learn complex data entry and procedures quickly
Strong organizational and time management skills
Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously and coordinate across teams to manage their completion
Proficiency in software applications, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel),
Fundraising database experience (we utilize Raiser's Edge NXT)
Experience with online giving platforms (we utilize Classy)
Experience with event software (we utilize Greater Giving)
Experience with Import Omatic software is ideal.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Basic Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick time
- 3 Floating Holidays
- Paid Holidays
- 403(b) - Voluntary contribution through pre-tax or Roth payroll deduction
- Educational Reimbursements
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Discounted Woodland Park Zoo Tickets
- Verizon Discounts
No matter your role, you'll get opportunities to attend a wide variety of trainings on clinical and education topics, advocacy, management skills and more.
- We also work hard to make sure that you have a mentor—a person who's helping you grow professionally.
- We’re dedicated to serving the full range of cultural diversity in our community, and to providing families with care that’s relevant to them and their values. As a member of Childhaven staff, you’ll be encouraged to contribute to community engagement strategies and will participate in conversations to ensure that our programs and protocols are doing their part to dismantle systemic racism.
To Be Considered
- Complete an online application.
- Include a cover letter detailing how your experience and education that qualifies you for the position.
- Include a resume.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.