As employees of WALSH Construction Co., we are builders. We are made up of a diverse group of individuals who are committed to building in the communities in which we live and work.
We are seeking a highly skilled, motivated Project Engineer - Layout/Integrated Construction I for our Seattle, Washington office.
This position is a key role on the construction project teams, providing support during the preconstruction and construction phases using CAD/BIM modeling tools, along with layout practices and equipment. Project Engineers assist a group of Project Managers or Superintendents, completing assignments in compliance with established policies and procedures, organizing and communicating information within the project team, and delivering a high level of service to our customers/contacts.
- Detailing, Coordination, and Model Managements - Support CAD/BIM implementation in all phases of a project.
- Support project team acting as liaison between Superintendents, Project Managers, Clients, and Subcontractors.
- Work with Layout Superintendent and Structures Superintendent to establish horizontal and vertical control for self-performed activities.
- Initialize and track Requests for Information (RFI’s).
- Prepare Changes in Contract (CIC’s).
- Collect, review & track product submittals and samples.
- Review, evaluate and track project shop drawings.
- Review Project plans/drawings.
- Communicate with design team and project owners.
- Communicate project changes to subcontractors.
- Organize and update as-built drawings.
- Complete material take-offs.
- Order materials as needed or directed.
- Review and track Subcontractor change orders.
- Develop, organize and maintain Project closeout documents.
- Provide project team with layout and overall technical assistance.
- Help with civil and or building layout as needed by superintendents.
You are encouraged to apply if you have:
- Four-year degree in construction management, engineering, building sciences, architecture preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of computer programs including: Excel, Word, Outlook, MS Project, Bluebeam Revu & project management systems such as ViewPoint.
- Minimum 2+ years' experience w/integrated design management, modeling and/or project engineer experience with an A/E/C construction industry firm.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Revit and Navisworks desired. Familiarity with AutoCAD Civil Integration, field layout and point development software a plus.
- Understanding of interoperability issues between software platforms and experience troubleshooting data exchange.
- Ability to interpret plans, understand specifications and knowledge of scheduling.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and organizational skills.
- Flexibility, reliability, and the ability to focus.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Extensive problem-solving capacity and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to climb ladders/stairs.
- Ability to navigate via walking multi-terrain jobsites and an overall excellent awareness of surroundings.
- Working knowledge of wood frame and commercial construction as related to all disciplines and phases of construction.
- A positive, team player attitude.
- Interest in participating in our development program and advancing your career.
- Interest in the opportunity to grow into Project Manager or Superintendent role in the future.
Walsh Construction Co. values our diverse communities and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. WALSH recruits, hires, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identification, age, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veterans' status, mental or physical disability, genetic information or any other legally protected status unrelated to a particular job's requirements or an individual's performance and qualifications.