We are seeking to fill the role of QA/QC Inspector with an innovative, self-directed individual to join our team. The successful candidate has initiative, self-discipline, and a strong work ethic, and is responsible for maintaining quality practices and overseeing control of required ASME practices. Applicants will be able to demonstrate substantial knowledge of processes, codes, and job specifications, and perform inspections as required. The QA/QC Inspector is knowledgeable in equipment operations and associated documentation of inspections and testing. This role is located at our customer site location (a refinery), and at other off-site locations.
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing or field experience in project management, NDT and/or QA/QC, of API 650 storage tanks.
- Understanding of ASME Quality procedures as they apply to API and ASME codes.
- Extensive knowledge of NDE Practices, Welding Processes, and Materials
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite programs, Word, Excel, and SharePoint.
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings, and specifications; ability to read and understand technical documents and symbols and to apply this knowledge.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must have API 653 Certification.
- AWS Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) preferred.
- ASNT Level II for UT, MT, & PT preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Provide quality control support and direction for projects, as needed, for all jobs performed by Jamar, or in conjunction with another APi Group Company.
- Performs NDE inspection and documentation of findings.
- Ensures products & workmanship meet and/or exceed standards and specifications
- Assists Inspection Supervisor and other QA/QC personnel as needed.
- Report results of inspections, both in written form or through use of computer (Microsoft Office Programs)
- Maintain welder continuity log in conjunction with the QA/QC Administrative Assistant.
- Works at a pace sufficient to obtain quality and quantity of inspection/testing, consistent with operational requirements. Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule.
- Work from job sites as required to monitor quality control performance. Track and document work activities and assemble all required information for packages per our ASME programs.
- Effectively communicates departmental requirements and objectives.
- Represent the company, both internally and externally in a professional manner consistent with our values and mission.
- Actively participate in programs, policies and initiatives designed to enhance the overall good of the company. These activities include sister company support for sales, marketing and lead sharing, participation in brainstorming sessions and an overall willingness to share ideas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple, basic correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Sufficient education, training, and experience to ensure qualification in inspection methods being used.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Leadership skills.
About us: For more than 100 years, the Jamar Company has built a reputation as an expert specialty contractor. We have a history of proven success in solving difficult challenges for our industrial and commercial customers. The Jamar Company is headquartered in Duluth, MN with office locations in Arden Hill and Shakopee, MN, Eau Claire, Green Bay and Spooner, WI, Bismarck and Watford City, ND and Mountain View, WY. https://www.jamarcompany.com/
We offer: a competitive salary and excellent benefits including Health, Vision & Dental Insurance, 401K Program (with company contribution), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Short and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, Holidays, and Training/ Continuing Educational Opportunities. Compensation commensurate with experience.