APi Group is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking a Systems Engineer. In this role, you will provide technical support for APi Group’s system engineering team including Merger and Acquisition (M&A) activities. In addition to, ensuring that our server infrastructure is secure and available, you will play a role in the onboarding of new companies to the APi family. This includes client administration, engineering support, and messaging activities.
- Provide technical assistance to the team with system engineering and M&A activities
- Support and administer VMware (e.g. deploy virtual machines, update templates, patch VMware, etc).
- Maintain and administer Active Directory (e.g. create groups, modify groups, setup and maintain group policies, etc.)
- Deploy and maintain Windows 10 systems
- Familiarity with printers, scanners, and plotters
- Experience supporting mobile devices (e.g. upgrading and deploying mobile software and applications)
- Versed in supporting Microsoft Exchange Online (e.g. managing policies, managing mailbox permissions, etc.)
- Practice secure computing practices. Everything is designed and implemented with security in mind.
- Work on a variety of technical projects within the APi environment
Qualifications, Competencies & Skills:
- 5+ years supporting mid-sized client device and server infrastructures
- Post-secondary degree, technical certification, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to work at times outside business hours to meet project deadlines
- Ability to travel as needed (25%) to support M&A activities
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills
- Technical certification such as MCSE, Azure VCP, Cloud (AWS, GCP) etc,
- Experience3 working in a cloud environment
- Excellent organizational skills and analytic, problem-solving skills
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Ability to pick up new technical capabilities quickly
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.