APi National Service Group (APi NSG) is a part of the APi Group family of companies. With fire and life safety branch offices located across the U.S., our purpose is to provide a single point of contact for customers with a regional or national portfolio of properties. With a portfolio of customers across many industries, we continue to grow as one of the country’s preferred national service providers for fire and life safety systems. We strive to build long term relationships with our clients by assembling a team dedicated to providing world class customer service based on quality, timely service, responsiveness, safety, and integrity. We identify with and live out our parent company’s enduring purpose of Building Great Leaders™ in conjunction with our own core ideology. At APi NSG, regardless of role or position, everyone is a leader.
APi NSG Core Values
- Developing creative solutions to increase the value we provide our stakeholders.
- Enriching the lives of our employees through development.
- Building personal relationships to foster collaboration and teamwork.
- Fun, adaptable and energetic culture.
The Account Manager is responsible for fostering strong customer relationships while ensuring that we are delivering the highest level of performance within our fire protection programs. This role is critical to our ability to maintain long-term business partnerships. The Account Manager is the primary point of communication with customers and is accountable for coordinating multiple disciplines and departments to ensure overall customer satisfaction and repeat sales and organic growth opportunities.
Will have multiple, ever-changing responsibilities. The primary and constant responsibility is managing the relationship with our customers. Other key responsibilities include:
- Actively track, monitor and measure Inspection and Service performance against the following KPI’s:
- Inspection compliance 93% > on-time completion
- Aging service orders < 10% aging orders exceeding 30+ days open
- On-time service compliance 75% >.
- Prepare and lead customer performance meetings by compiling information in regard to:
- Service and inspection performance
- Customer specific budgeting
- Financial reporting
- Custom prescribed metrics
- Analyze operational performance of designated accounts as it relates to customer KPIs, internal metrics and procedures, and financial results. Identify possible adjustments to propose to the customer in order to build an effective program.
- Proactively address performance concerns by collaborating with Team Leads and Regional Coordinators to quickly identify and resolve root cause issues
- Ensure the Service and Inspections teams have a clear understanding of the customer’s expectations
- Standardize communication and customer information with coordinators
- Subject matter expert regarding customer-specific procedures/questions
- Provide after-hours escalation support as required to assure quick response to customers' critical needs.
- Identify and pursue organic growth opportunities in order to meet company goals
- Check-in and performance calls and in-person meetings required
- Two or more high touch customers and few to several low touch customers
- Organic growth opportunities for one or more customers
- Oversees $5M -$8M in customer relationships
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-4 years account management experience OR 5+ years similar industry related experience
- Demonstrated experience of anticipating customer needs
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Comfort with working under pressure in a fast-paced environment with little direction
- Candidates must be self-motivated, have a positive attitude, and a desire to learn and develop their career with NSG
- Must be willing to work extended hours as needed and be an on-call escalation for our afterhours provider.
- Position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
Some examples of responsibilities:
- Customer Calls/Meetings: Gathering customer specific information to present during conference calls, business reviews and customer meetings. A few of our customers have regularly scheduled calls to discuss work performance and potentially other topics. The Account Manager would lead this discussion, prepare and present the required information to the customer and respond to any questions they have.
- Customer Escalations: Second point of escalation after the Regional Coordinator. Work through difficult situations with our service providers and internal team when a customer has an issue. Some examples:
- Issues with the quality of work done in the field and/or customer service team
- Customer would like more clarification or a deeper understanding of a topic and/or issue
- Employment Type: Full Time, 40 hours/week
- Normal business hours are 7:30 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday
- Office environment, climate controlled
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY STATEMENT
It is the policy of APi National Service Group not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status. APi National Service Group will take affirmative action to ensure that the EEO Policy is implemented, with particular regard to: advertising, application procedures, compensation, demotion, employment, fringe benefits, job assignment, job classification, layoff, leave, promotion, recruitment, rehire, social activities, training, termination, transfer, upgrade, and working conditions.
APi National Service Group will continue to make it understood by the employment entities with which it deals, and in employment opportunity announcements that the foregoing is company policy and all employment decisions are based on individual merit only. All current employees of APi National Service Group are requested to encourage qualified disabled persons, minorities, special disabled veterans, and Vietnam Era veterans to apply for employment, on the job training or for union accommodations for qualified disabled individuals.
It is the policy of APi National Service Group that all company activities, facilities, and job sites are nonsegregated. It is the policy of APi National Service Group to ensure and maintain a working environment free of coercion, harassment, and intimidation at all job sites, and in all facilities at which employees are assigned to work. Any violation of the policy should be immediately reported to your supervisor.