Residential Fire Sprinkler Fitter
Residential Fire Sprinkler Fitters are pipe-fitting specialists in the fire protection industry and Western States Fire Protection is seeking qualified applicants, who are or will become members of the UA Local Union 669, for this position.
Benefits are available through the Union.
- Install, repair and maintain all types of residential fire sprinkler systems, including homes, apartments and retro-fits.
- Travel within the state of Idaho
- Comply with union collective bargaining agreement
- Act as customer service representative for single and multi-family division
- A high school diploma or GED is required
- At least 18 years old
- Possess a valid driver’s license; in accordance with Company Policy
- Experience in glycerin freeze protection systems is preferred
- Efficient at working with steel, CPVC and copper
- Able to lift up to at least 50 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willing to climb ladders
- Willing to work in a fast-paced construction environment
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test, background and reference check; if applicable
Delta Fire was formed in 1963 by fire protection engineers William A. Pickett and Nels C. Sparr. The duo wanted to build a professional organization they could be personally proud of. With that goal in mind, and their leadership and ability to attract good people, Delta Fire has grown to be one of the largest and most respected fire protection contractors in the intermountain area.
For years our main business focused on the design, installation and service of fire prevention and fire suppression services, but our alarm security and monitoring divisions are growing rapidly. Delta Fire currently employs more than 180 people, and we have experience in a variety of markets, including: commercial, residential, industrial, energy and power, mining, government and military.
We are headquartered in Salt Lake City, but have a total of seven office locations to serve a huge part of the intermountain area, including the Salt Lake Valley and southern Utah, Reno and northwest Nevada, and southern Idaho.
Delta Fire was acquired by APi Group, Inc. in 2008 and since then it has been able to benefit from the synergy of more than 35 companies; including competitive manufacturer pricing, robust insurance and bonding, and extensive safety and leadership training and resources. We are an industry leader in the installation of pre-action, foam, deluge, carbon dioxide and other clean agent and special hazard systems.
Delta Fire is committed to customer satisfaction and cutting edge technology, and we work hard to service our customers’ systems safely and quickly. We have an incredible safety record, and also believe in using sustainable business practices to improve and protect our environment.
All qualified applicants with Delta Fire Systems, Inc. will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor