GEL SOLUTIONS, LLC
SUE Technicians I, II, III - Raleigh, NC
Why Join our Team?
- Career path options in a rapidly growing, dynamic company
- Exposure to a wide range of market sectors, clients and technologies
- Stimulating work environment with a highly experienced and skilled team
- We have fun while working hard!
GEL SOLUTIONS, LLC, an affiliate of The GEL Group, Inc., is a niche engineering firm providing subsurface utility engineering (SUE), surveying and geophysical services to clients throughout the southeastern United States. We are seeking outstanding and energetic utility locating professionals and geoscientists at senior and junior levels who can join us in solving challenging problems in the infrastructure, environmental and natural resource sectors.
Our goal is to apply our surface and subsurface mapping skills to improve our clients’ bottom lines and reduce their risks. We are committed to offering the latest technologies and services. To this end, we employ and train customer-focused staff with exceptional attitudes and technical skills. We are proud of our culture of innovation and our focus on quality.
GEL SOLUTIONS, LLC – SUE Technician, Raleigh, NC
GEL SOLUTIONS, LLC has positions open for SUE/ utility mapping field technicians in our Raleigh, NC location. These positions have very high growth potential and are ideally suited for motivated individuals working within a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial company. The primary responsibilities include marking and mapping utilities for transportation corridors for DOT agencies; commercial and industrial facilities; government facilities including military bases; medical or educational facilities and others. An added benefit of this position is the opportunity to learn and support our surveying and geophysical services. Field work and travel is required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and/or support SUE crews and provide quality control for all work products
- Perform and document field work for SUE, survey, and geophysics projects
- Effectively operate radio-frequency electromagnetic pipe and cable locators and ground penetrating radar (GPR) systems for designating subsurface utilities
- Effectively operate and maintain air-vacuum excavation truck and related system components such as a jackhammer, tamper, concrete saw and hand tools for pot-holing subsurface utilities
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Working experience with radio-frequency electromagnetic pipe and cable locators and ground penetrating radar (GPR) systems for designating subsurface utilities a plus
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Experience in MicroStation and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D, a plus
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Physical strength and endurance to perform field work
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Possess high ethical and core values
- Ability to reason and evaluate complex issues in the field
- Valid driver’s license and ability to obtain a ME Certificate meeting FMCSA regulations
What we offer:
- Corporate values that promote respect, integrity, and innovation
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Life Insurance Plans, including Accidental and Critical Illness plans
- Company-paid short and long-term disability insurance
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and holiday leave
- Commitment to safety
This Position Description is intended to provide a general guideline of the requirements, duties, and responsibilities this position. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive description of the position, nor is it intended to place limitations on the position. As with all positions in the company, the successful employee will constantly look for ways to contribute to the well being of the company, and thereby to their own well-being and success in their own professional career.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.