This position starts out at $21.35 and up, depending on experience.
Responsible for performing clean-up and routine ready-mix plant maintenance and plant operations.
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or General Education Degree.
- Basic knowledge of hand tools related to maintenance and safety equipment.
- Welding skill not necessary, but a plus.
- Valid driver’s license.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform routine plant maintenance, including clean up.
- Assist with onsite operations safely such as temp loads, back trucks into job sites and adding products.
- Inspect plant for necessary maintenance and complete repairs as assigned.
- Operate hand tools and safety equipment including, but not limited to: grease guns, wrenches, shovels, fire hoses and cutting torches.
- Assist with operations of ready-mix plant as directed by supervisor or ready-mix plant operator.
- Be able to work at heights safely.
- Obey all safety rules and work in a safe manner. (Federal, state, local and company policies.)
- Work alone or work with other employees in a friendly & cooperative manner.
- Be self-motivated.
- Be receptive to ongoing education about products and how they work.
- Operate a motor vehicle safely and by following all laws and policies.
- Communicate inspections and safety concerns to supervisor or ready-mix plant operator.
- Assist with unloading material.
- Assist with batching as needed.
- Run loader operator, manlift and forklift safely as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position may require you to wear a half mask respirator at times and therefore, you will be required to be fit tested. Per OSHA “The Respiratory Protection standard, paragraph 29 CFR 1910.134(g)(1)(i)(A), states that respirators shall not be worn when facial hair comes between the sealing surface of the facepiece and the face or that interferes with valve function. Facial hair is allowed as long as it does not protrude under the respirator seal, or extend far enough to interfere with the device's valve function. Short mustaches, sideburns, and small goatees that are neatly trimmed so that no hair compromises the seal of the respirator usually do not present a hazard and, therefore, do not violate paragraph 1910.134(g)(1)(i).
Typical hours during Production are M-F 6am-5pm. 2-3 Saturdays per month 7am-12pm. Typical hours during Maintenance are M-F 7am-5pm. No Saturdays.