Climate Systems, Inc. began like a lot of new companies…a couple of highly-motivated individuals who wanted to control their own destiny got together and made a plan. In 1984, Dave Stadheim and Jim Ryan shared a belief that the Sioux Empire needed a highly-innovative HVAC company that could serve the needs of mechanical contractors, engineers and the owners of commercial buildings. We recognize the key to success is being proactive, listening and constantly thinking of ways to fix our client’s most critical needs. While our company has grown, this philosophy has never wavered. Thirty-five years later we look forward to writing the next chapter in the Climate Systems history.
The HVAC Commercial Sales position is responsible for developing long-term customer relationships and maximizing account penetration & customer retention with contractor and consulting engineer/architect accounts. Primary focus on providing knowledge and consultation in the form of developing HVAC system related solutions for the customer’s problems, including financial and performance-based considerations.
Here's what you'll do:
- Estimate project by analyzing and integrating equipment, controls, subcontractors, and services for each project.
- Provide quotes for service repairs, change outs, IAQ, and energy solutions including quotes for time and material as well as fixed price services.
- Contact responsible parties for purposes of securing renewal of service contracts.
- Gather or validate preliminary information and performs facility walkthrough to determine level of opportunity.
- Communicate with contractors, engineers and manufacturers throughout the project to ensure that the job is completed to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Identify key customers and to develop specific action plans to grow identified accounts.
- Respond to customer purchase orders by checking inventory and placing orders
- Respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Occasionally travel to out-of-town work assignments with rare over-night stays.
- And more!
Here's what we're looking for:
- Experience in Account Management / Sales Engineering, with specific expertise in Commercial HVAC Solutions including Equipment, Controls, Building Automation, and Services
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints, procedure manuals and job specifications
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Work, Excel and Outlook.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Commercial HVAC and control systems, sales experience a plus.
- Able to interpret blueprints and specifications and discuss with salesmen, vendors and engineering personnel.
- Ability to coordinate across multiple functions, to maintain composure in high-pressure situations, and to make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent technical skills
- Self-starter, with strong business understanding, strong self-direction
- Interpersonal / influencing skills to work across the organization and with customers.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Willingness to ask questions and pursue multiple solutions to a problem.
- Ability to travel and attend out of area training, meetings and/or conferences as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Able to pass security clearance required by clients.
- Willing to work flexible hours as needed.
Climate Systems offers a competitive salary and benefit package.