OBJECTIVE: The Staff Accountant will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organizations assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities. This position reports to the Controller.
- Utilizes computerized accounting software programs (CMS, Excel, Word) to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Generates accounting statements and reports.
- Researches cash receipts, coding and posting of receipts.
- Prepares daily bank deposit.
- Researches and applies unallocated cash.
- Oversees client accounts, accounts receivable write-offs and payment reversals.
- Develops automated spreadsheets.
- Organizes and maintains up to date financial records.
- Provides monthly financial and management reports.
- Prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Delivering high quality work
- Expense analysis
- Financial reporting
- Making accurate judgments and decisions
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4 Year Bachelors degree in Accounting, or related field, required.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account available
- Paid Parental Leave
- Cellphone and Wellness reimbursement
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Dress for your Day Dress Code