Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403b) with generous company match
- Paid time off and 9 company paid holidays
- Short Term Disability
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional benefits: Flexible Spending, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, Voluntary Accident
The Technical Support Specialist will execute the day-to-day technology roadblocks that stop our team members from being able to fulfill their job. Supporting the Information Services Manager and provide technical support to the agency. This will require prompt assistance, follow-up, accountability, and positive rapport with team members.
SCHEDULE AND WAGE
Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm; $19.51 - $21.13 per hour
*This position is eligible for a $1200 retention incentive after successfully completing 180 days of employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common problems both computer equipment and printers in a timely and thorough manner.
- Being able to troubleshoot both in-person, over the phone, and email with professionalism in written or oral communication.
- Log all calls, issues, resolutions, and maintain ownership and follow through on team member technology issues until they are completed.
- Assign secure email, computer login, etc. to team members.
- Flexibly rescheduling projects throughout the day to handle issues that become a priority.
- Set up and maintains basic software operations as requested to support to the Information Systems Manager.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree in Information Technology or a field related to duties and responsibilities and two (2) years relevant experience
High school graduate and three years’ experience in computer data base systems and three years’ experience in networking
Work experience to demonstrate:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient understanding of computer hardware and software systems.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office or related software.
- Ability to explain technical issues to technical and nontechnical employees and customers.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn an array of computer hardware and software.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. Valid driver’s license
2. Reliable transportation to use on the job
3. Valid car insurance